46

"With permission" Johnny says to Stefano in an unexpected professional manner.

Stefano looks his way and gives him a confirming nod. I look at Lucia's frightened face and extend my hand, she gets a slight push by Massimo then holds my hand and we walk with Johnny to the car.

I help Lucia get in the backseat, then I hop on the front to follow Johnny's plan. I take another look at Stefano's fierce expression as the car starts to move.

He didn't look this way...

I sigh with disappointment as the car goes through the gates.

"Man that motherfucker got one hell of an aura. Did y'all see that? I almost pissed myself!" Johnny speaks as he drives.

"Lucia, are you okay?" I ask her worried, ignoring Johnny.

"Yeah... I'm fine. I was just... scared a little" I can tell from her shaky voice that she wasn't just scared, she was horrified.

"Was that Stefano's father?" I ask Johnny.

"Yeah. You could tell."

"Why did he come? It didn't seem like a normal thing."

"That guy has never seen that house, it's a first. I bet Tatiana told the Popovs about you and they informed this bastard"

I try to think for a bit my eyes catch a suspicious car following us in the side mirror.

"Johnny we're being followed!"

"No fucking shit! What the fuck do I do now?!! Stefano's busy with that man I can't call 'em!"

"You don't need Stefano, Johnny, just do what I say, okay? Calm down and slow down the car. I need time."

"Time for what?! These bitches have already dug our graves! FUCK!"

"What?!" I ask concerned after his last cuss word.

"I wonder if they gon' bury Lucia's baby separately or with her... will they take it out before they bury her?"

"Oh my god Johnny! Why are you so negative!" Lucia screams from the back.

"WE'RE FUCKING GETTING CHASED BY THE MOST POWERFUL MAFIA IN EUROPE AND YOU WANT ME TO BE POSITIVE?! WHAT SHOULD I SAY?! LET'S GO GET CANDY BARS AND PINK BALLOONS FOR YOUR BABY?!"

"Shut up! Just shut up!" I managed to make him stop talking for a moment.

If we're really getting caught, I need a plan. I'm sure Stefano's father would like to know what Stefano does behind his back, I could use that to my advantage.

"Does Stefano's father know how many female employees he has?" I ask Johnny.

"Not for what I know"

"Good. Give me your phone."

"Stefano won't answer"

"I'm not calling him, just give me your phone!"

He opens it and then hands it to me. I have two calls to make. But this one has to be first. I quickly tap on the screen and press call.

"Lucia, as soon as we get there you'll have to hide. You're pregnant and seem suspicious to them. The first thing you do is hide!"

I speak as the phone beeps on my ear, she gives me an okay. The phone is picked up by the other person but no one speaks.

"This is Red 6539880X, I'm calling White 57426BT54. I need you to listen to me because your life depends on this call."

I see Johnny looking at me with a wide open mouth and eyes like he just found out the true murderer in a mystery drama.

I'm sorry, but Milena Kyriakou won't be taken down so easily. 

Stefano POV

I stare at the old man before me, wondering why he's here.

"You seem to have built quite an interesting life for yourself here. When will you come back?" The old man says as he looks around.

"I don't have such a plan" I reply plainly.

"You need to get rid of whatever that's keeping you here. If you don't, I will" he warns.

"What if what's keeping me here is already dead?"

"Don't start again with that. I know there's something else besides your mother's memory that's keeping you here. Tell me what it is and I will take care of it for you."

Like I would.

"You won't invite me inside?" He puts his hands in his pocket after receiving no response from me.

"You're not welcome here"

"But you're always welcome in my home"

"Why don't you just leave?" I'm starting to get impatient. I don't think he will leave Milena and others alone. I need to check on them

"I got a message from Popov, according to his daughter you've found yourself a new girl. Was it one of the two from earlier, or is she inside?"

"And why do you care? You're acting like you weren't fucking around like a horny dog when you were still married."

"Ah! That's different. You see, I fucked other women, I didn't fall in love with them. Your mother was the only one for me."

"And you let her die just like that."

"It had to happen. I was broken for many years but I eventually recovered, you need to move on from that too"

"I fuck whoever I want, I will choose whoever I want to be with, and I will move on when I feel like it. It's none of your business."

"Here's where you're wrong. Your business is my business. You know I'm getting older, I can't deal with all these people and work like in my hay days. I'm willing to give you everything I have, everything I have built, my kingdom... anyone would die to have it. Why do you insist on refusing?"

I don't want your kingdom because I'm building an empire. And empire where I apply my rules, with my empress.

"I don't feel like answering that." I reply.

"You're marrying the Popov's daughter, you will work with me on this alliance, and you will come back to Italy." He orders with a serious expression and tone.

"Till this day I have refused, and from this day on I will continue to refuse."

"Stefano." He warns me with anger.

"You're in my territory, old man. I suggest you not."

As soon as my men heard my voice they all draw their guns, surrounding him and his men. I don't fucking play. I know for a fact he can't do anything to me because he needs me, I'm the only person he has left, but I don't plan on following his steps. I'm not a puppet.

He knows he can't do anything, he knows the only way for him to control me is using the most important person to me. But he doesn't know who she is, this will give me some time to get Milena into safety.

"The Popovs aren't as easygoing as me, son. You need to cover up your weakness. Don't say I didn't warn you." The old man says and turns around to leave.

I watch as he and his men enter the cars and drive off. No fucking way I'll let them touch her. Push comes to shove I will send her back to that guy Tony. But I won't let him reach her.

She's the only meaning in my life.