36

"Milana!" I hear him yelling out with a warning tone.

I stop in my tracks, the knife almost reaching the terrified plastic blonde in front of me. I was aiming for the neck, but hearing that familiar name stopped me at her arm as I was swinging the knife.

Insulting me like that won't make me angry, or should I say I didn't use to get angry. But claiming that I slept with these disgusting men is just unforgivable. Stefano is the leader and as the weakest one here I have no choice but to stick with him, the strongest person here, that's all. I won't let anyone talk down to me. I won't let them disrespect me.

As I'm standing there still, with my hand out, Stefano walks to the plastic blonde and grabs her wrist. He drags her out without saying a word. She doesn't complain either, it just shows how scared she is.

Suddenly, I feel a gentle hand holding mine. I look to my side to see Alessandro giving me a warm smile and then slowly taking the knife out of my hand.

"These do not fit an exceptional lady like you" he says then extends his hand leading me toward the seating area in the backyard.

Alessandro brings my blanket and places it on my lap, covering my legs so I don't get cold. While Nadia hands me a cup of warm milk. These two have learned a lot about my personality and my daily routine, they don't seem to judge me, reminds me of my home... my family...

Milana? Who's Milana? Did Stefano find Angelo? But Angelo never found out who I really was... if he found out about me why would he hide it? He should be kneeling before me, apologizing, begging for forgiveness. Not rename me!

The name was so familiar it made my heart sink. With the cup in my hand, I stare into the void and remember the words that man said to Stefano the other day.

"Having a woman other than Tatiana around you could bring lots of problems. If either the Popovs or your father find out, they won't let her live another day. Why now? Why her? Did you bring her here to show your rebellion against your father? Or did you deliberately bring her here to make her an easy target?"

Tatiana must be the same woman I just met, so Stefano has to have her around. But why? Who are the Popovs and why would they and Stefano's father target me? What rebellion was he talking about? Is Stefano supposed to marry Tatiana? Did he bring me here to refuse that marriage or am I here to be killed with his father's hands?

What is Stefano thinking?

I come out of my deep thoughts as I feel a motion in the corner of my eye. It's Stefano sitting down beside me, Nadia brings out a cup of coffee shortly after.

"That wasn't nice you know, what you did back there"

I never get tired of hearing his voice.

"Who's Milana?" I ask him while I take a sip of my milk, looking forward, ignoring his remarks.

He stays silent for a moment, then he leans forward, and rests his arms on his thighs as he picks up his coffee.

"That's your new name." He says then takes a sip of his coffee.

"So you do think of me as a stray cat. It must be nice to have such a harmless cat, you can even name her how you like"

"Harmless?" He looks back at me with raised brows.

"I am positive I can tame 100 snakes, but I will die and I still won't be able to tame you. You're wilder than any creature I've ever encountered" he says after a short pause.

I just narrow my eyes at him but I look forward again after sensing a motion.

"I heard you eat in small portions, and I know you can't sleep well yet, but since you were a good girl I'm giving you a gift" I hear him speak as I see two men and a young man approaching us from the front.