10

So that's what his embarrassed face looks like... I smile slightly and my cheeks hurt, making me hiss.

I finish changing my pad and leave the restroom. He literally broke the door without even asking if I was alright. At least now I know he has anger management issues AND aggression. I'm not gonna lie, he looks scary, his entire aura scares me, but that much, I can win him over, I know it.

I return to the same corner of the room, sit in the same position, and lean my head on the wall. I can't sleep. Sleeping is not an option here. Only god knows what could happen while my guard is down. Even though I know I can't do much with this small body that's become so weak, I'd still rather be awake.

7:45 AM

This room is facing the sun, watching the sunrise made my uneasy heart rest for a few moments. The balcony must have a nice view, I hope I can see it someday.

I'm taken out of my thoughts when the door opens suddenly with the 10 year old guy talking  halfway, in complete annoyance.

"This will be the last time I do something for you, I told you I won't do your dirty work yet you constantly ask me to do the dirty work! I can't live with this shit Stefano! Not anymore!"

He comes in, stays at the door talking with a tray in his hands.

"This is not dirty work it's the cleanest you could do" I hear Stefano's distant voice speak.

"Damn not! I do the cleanest work with our work! That's clean work! Cleaning up your little shit THAT is dirty work! Don't you dare confuse me!"

... 

"Stefano?.... STEFAANOOO!"

He screams his lungs out when he doesn't get a reply back... he IS 10.
Sighing, he closes the door with force and puts the tray on the bed.

"Here you go princess, there's your breakfast, your daddy said you don't like lemon juice and ham so here's some orange juice and other shit you may want to eat!" 

"Thank you" I say in a sweet tone.

"Ah! Someone's able to say thank you in this house?! How rare!"

"JOHNNY! REFILL HER WATER" Stefano yells in a distance, which makes Johnny's mockery face change to anger.

"Fuck you Julia" he turns around to leave, but he stops after I talk.

"Can you get me some... warm... water please?"

"Oh of course! You need anything else?"

"Warm as in... boiled water"

"What you wanna do with that? Boil eggs?"

"Ah, sorry, I shouldn't bother you." I lower my head playing with my fingers, acting awkward.

"Tell me why you need that"

I look up at him, he looks kind of concerned... bingo!

"Uh- I- it actually helps with... my cramps"

He rolls his eyes and leaves the room. After he closed the door I hear him yell Stefano's name, then silence.

About 5 minutes later he comes back all angry again, talking to himself.

"Swear to god I'll change my last name if he ever finds someone who'll marry him! Fucking dick!"

He looks at me with a straight face then speaks.

"Come with me"

My eyes widen slightly at his words... I don't think I provoked him. I try to stand up but I struggle, my body has become stiff after sitting down on the floor for so many hours. He notices and comes reaching his hand out for me to hold.

One thing about me is that I don't like touching, especially men. I'm fine with kids and teenagers even, but not older people. Whenever I see someone holding their hand for me, I always think of all the nasty things, all the horrible things they could've done with those hands... it could be a phobia but I'm not sure. So I give him a weak smile and hold on to his arm instead.

He leads me to a vast hallway, decorated with extremely beautiful paintings and artworks which appear to be very expensive. The high-looking roof is decorated in a classical way.  This place looks more like a mansion than a house, with so many rooms everywhere. 

How come I haven't seen anyone besides those three men?

We get close to the stairs going down, but I look at my right and the room starts becoming round, with beautifully designed black balustrades around it, showing a little of the floor downstairs. There's another hallway with the same stairs on the other side of the building, right in front of us, but he stops at the end of the same hallway we're in, turns right and opens a massive door, revealing a beautiful bright kitchen. 

My heart suddenly feels light, seeing a familiar view, a familiar place, it reminds me of our kitchen, but more modern. I can tell it hasn't been used much, and I can definitely tell no woman has cooked here... it's just so... cold... Johnny stops after taking a few steps and speaks.

"Here's the kitchen, you can get whatever you what, whenever you want from here. If you're hungry or thirsty, it's all in here. Alessandro, the guy in charge of refilling and stuff hasn't been in here in a while but in case you want something specific you can write it down on those papers, you'll probably get them when he's back"

He points at a notepad on the counter.

"I'm allowed here?" I ask sounding more like a statement than a question.

"Yeah, I talked to Stefano, we both agreed that none of us have the time to tend to you, so here you have it."

This was much easier than I thought...

"Thank you Johnny." I say giving him a weak smile.

"Oh shush! You don't need to thank me... buut... since we're on the topic and you wanna thank meee... I'm just sayin'... soooo... how abouuut... you tell me where your dad's slush funds go? Ehm... I'm just sayin' you know.. if you wanna thank me"

All I can give him is a smile... if I knew I wouldn't be here... but then I thought...

"If coming to this kitchen comes with a price I'm afraid I can't pay it. I better go back to where I was"

I turn around slowly and see Stefano with a blank face, standing still at the door, both his hands in his pockets, staring right at me. I stop in my tracks and stare back. The reason why the roof is built high is probably because of the owner's height... he's too tall for his own good... and attractive, if I didn't know what he does for a living...

"There's no price for this, I really can't take care of your needs for a while. But just so you know, aside from the door to your room, this is the only door you're allowed to open. Don't even try to open another, because that, does come with a price."

His voice is so deep, so manly, his eyes are so black, I can see my reflection in them from here.

I remain silent, just staring at him for a few moments, until he spoke again.

"Johnny, out" he walks right out with Johnny following him with a scowl...

They just left me here...

First things first...

Ah! There it is!