63

"Get in!" I shout to Stefano. It took him a moment to realize what I was thinking. He runs towards me as I enter the back of the helicopter, following after me.

"Fly this shit up" he points the gun to the pilot's head, ordering him, as soon as he enters. He then looks at me and says "I didn't know you had that in you" while breathing heavily.

I pause for a moment before speaking. Did he miss because he let go of his revenge for me?

"I didn't know you could miss"

"What? Do you mean Popov? Oh, that wasn't me... Tony did it"

"WHAT?!" I reply, shocked.

"Yeah, and he said 'that's 20 years in jail' right after shooting" Stefano chuckles but he stops after I hit his thigh with a powerful slap.

"WHY DIDN'T YOU SAY SO?! I THOUGHT YOU SHOT HIM THAT'S WHY I TOLD YOU TO COME SO I COULD SAVE YOU FROM THE COPS!"

"HOW WAS I SUPPOSED TO KNOW THAT?! DIDN'T YOU SEE HIS GUN POINTED AT POPOV?! HE WAS LITERALLY FREAKING OUT OVER THERE!"

"I CAN'T BELIEVE THIS! GO BACK!" I order the pilot. I left him, I left him there... in the middle of all that mess...

"WE CAN'T! IT'S TOO DANGEROUS! HE'S SMART HE'LL FIGURE SOMETHING OUT!"

"I CAN'T LEAVE HIM THERE!"

"WHY ARE YOU YELLING?!" He yells even louder than before.

I open my mouth to answer but all of a sudden the helicopter starts to shake, like something just hit it.

"What's the problem?!" Stefano asks the pilot.

"We were shot, the engine has stopped working! You need to jump!" He yells, making me even more anxious than I already am.

"You need to land!" Stefano says.

"It won't reach land! You need to jump now!" He immediately jumps out of the falling copter leaving a terrified me with Stefano.

"Come on!" Stefano extends his hand for me to take after opening the door. But I'm too terrified... we're above the sea and I can't swim. This is my biggest fear.

"Milena! Trust me!" Stefano reassures me but I can't move no matter how much I try. He doesn't waste any time and forcefully pulls me towards himself. A force I've never felt before.

I can't even scream as I feel my body falling from about 60 feet(16m) height. I simply hold onto Stefano as my life depends on him. Well... in this situation it does depend on him.

Feeling the cold water is the last thing I remember... my eyes immediately went black...

(Hours later)
(8:30 PM)

The first thing I notice is the crackling sound of wood burning, then the dark room lit by the fire from the chimney in front of me. One thing that I didn't expect, was the feeling of being wrapped around someone.

I slowly look down and recognize Stefano's hand wrapped around me over a fluffy blanket. Then I notice my head is resting on his other arm. But the shocking thing that I noticed afterward... is how I'm naked with him under the blanket!

My body immediately tense up, I freeze in my place while my heart feels like it's about to explode. I finally see my clothes hanging from a small rope over the chimney, my heart is about to burst out of my chest as I think about how I can reach it without waking Stefano.

This man has like the lightest sleep ever! He'll wake up the second I move... what am I supposed to do?!

"You're up..." his deep hoarse voice makes me get goosebumps all over my body. I feel like he smirked after noticing that. God, I'm such an easy-to-move person!

"Don't worry... it's nothing I haven't seen..." he continues to speak but I'm too embarrassed to say anything.

He suddenly leans in closer, breathing over my head, holding my body tight while my bare back touching his bare chest. I don't think the reason I'm unable to move is because of embarrassment... it's because I'm enjoying this.

For a long while, we stay this way, but I know he's uncomfortable. It doesn't seem like he has a pillow, I wonder how long he's been in this position...

I slowly turn around, I'm extremely nervous but I have to see him. As soon as I do, he starts to smirk.

"Did you sleep well?" He asks with a hoarse voice.

"What happened?"

"We fell, I swam, found this abandoned place, lighted the fire, took off our clothes, then wrapped us in the only cover I could find."

"We weren't close to land... how far did you swim?"

"That's not important right now... tell me... are you feeling alright? He slowly starts touching my forehead, to check my temperature.

"Who's asking who? Your voice has changed..." I touch his cheek and immediately feel extreme heat coming through it.

"Stefano!" I open my mouth in shock, immediately sitting straight. I didn't expect him to have such an intense fever. He's basically burning.

"I'm alright" he says with a tired smile on his face.

"No you're not!" I look around to find something I can use to help reduce his fever. Now I don't even mind the fact that I'm completely naked, sitting right in front of him.

If he wasn't so sick he'd definitely play jokes on me for being naked, but he can't even open his eyes. He's just lying there lifelessly. I stand up and grab a small piece of cloth along with a small bowl that has some water in it, it looks like it's from the rain.

The cloth is very thin, but it should help with his fever even just a little. I drown the cloth in the cold water and then remove the strands of his hair from his forehead before placing the cloth on it. He slowly opens his eyes, but can't seem to open them all the way, so he just closes them again.

I look at his rusty and wounded hands. He must've started the fire with cold icy hands. How cold the sea was, how far did he swim... he didn't leave me... he did all of this just to save me... I will never expect him to confess his love for me again... I already have the proof...

After a good 15-20 minutes, I get up to check if our clothes are dry. Thankfully his shirt is so I decide to wear it, I feel too weird walking around naked. Everything else is still somewhat wet except my shirt, so I roll it,  slowly lift Stefano's head, and gently place it under.

I don't know what happened to me, but I can't take my eyes off him. I want to stare at him forever. I want him to be with me forever...