45

I wake up at the sound of water coming from outside. I get up and walk to the windows to see one of Stefano's men washing the yard with a hose in his hands. They were extremely mad at me yesterday, But in the end, they did what I asked them to.

I smile to myself and walk to the bathroom to take a shower. After I'm done, I wear a long khaki skirt and a milky shirt, with a small amount of makeup, then head downstairs.

Events of last night continue flashing before my eyes, I had to force myself to sleep while recruiting all the Bible verses I knew. It was too hard to keep him out of my head.

I hear some men yell while they clean the yard as I walk down the stairs, everyone seems to be in good spirits today. Did something happen?

Walking into the kitchen I see Nadia washing some dishes and Lucia cleaning some herbs while sitting.

"Good morning," I say with a smile.

"Good morning, mi hija. Did you sleep well?" Nadia answers with a big smile on her face. She wasn't like this yesterday...

"Kind of... what are these?" I point to a boutique of red roses on the countertop and a basket of plums next to it.

"Aaah... these..." she dries her hands with the hem of her dress and gives me a mischievous smile before continuing.

"Stefano told me to bring these to your room but he changed his mind, he said I shouldn't disturb your sleep, so I left them here for you to see."

I can't help but smile. When I'm on my period I crave plums, that's what I ate when he let me into the kitchen back in that mansion. He probably saw me through the cameras, I wouldn't have expected him to remember something like this.

Softly, I touch the beautiful red roses, while smiling to myself. So he can be romantic too...

Feeling like I'm being watched, I lift my head to see Nadia and Lucia both giving me mischievous smiles. I know from day one they were told that me and Stefano were a thing, but right now they have a weird look in their eyes... it's... making me shy.

Taking two plums and washing them, I place them on a plate and sit down on the table. I was going to ask about Stefano, but I'm sure they will tease me. So I'll start with a simple conversation.

"Why is everyone in high spirits today?" I ask them while slicing and taking a bite of my plum.

"Stefano told them to do whatever you ordered them if they want their job" Nadia chuckles before speaking.

My mouth stops chewing, and I stare at Nadia with wide eyes, in disbelief.

Why would he?

"I was mad at him yesterday, I know he hurt you. It's been a while since I last saw him this carefree, forgive him just this once. I swear on my life he's not a bad person. They made him become one."

I'm not going to lie, I'm curious. I want to know more about him, why is he like this, who made him become like this. But I want to hear it from him, so I just nod and continue eating.

After finishing eating and helping Nadia out, I tell her that I'll go get my headscarf to go to church. I turn to walk out but I hear an unfamiliar voice speak.

"Umm..." I look back to see Lucia standing up wanting to say something. It's the first time she's ever tried to speak to me.

"Can I join you?" She looks like she expects me to say no.

"Of course. I wish you would've said that sooner, I always feel uncomfortable being alone in the car."

My words seemed to have lightened her up. She says she'll change and I tell her that I'll wait. After she left I quickly asked Nadia.