43

Unable to endure any more complaints from my men, I rush inside. The first thing I see when I enter is Nadia sitting on the couch with Alessandro standing in front of her, seeming to have a conversation. The moment they heard the door open they looked this way but one thing was a big surprise to me.

As soon as Nadia saw me entering, she gave me a cold and ugly look, then she stood up and went back into the kitchen without saying a single word. She's never been cold to me... what happened here?!

"Welcome back sir" Alessandro welcomes me as usual.

"What's going on here?" I ask him, confused about anything and everything.

"Ah... sir..." he sighs then lowers and shakes his head slightly.

"Speak" I order him. He looks back at me.

"May I know if something unpleasant happened between you and Miss Milana?"

"What?" Now I'm even more confused.

"Sir, we believe something happened between you two that made Miss Milana extremely upset. And just as everyone has their way of dealing with such emotions, she has hers, but sadly, it affected everyone."

"Can you please be more clear Alessandro?"

"Of course, sir. As you dropped off Miss Milana, she came back upset. She didn't talk to anyone, and all of a sudden started cleaning your room. After a while, she came down and said she wanted to clean the entire house. Obviously, we didn't plan on letting her do such a thing, but she was too upset and determined, nothing we said could stop her."

I just stare blankly at the old man before me, as he continues to explain.

"She started cleaning, and of course, we helped. But she refused to let us help wash the bathrooms. I'm ashamed to say this but she even washed my personal bathroom all by herself. Cleaning seems to be her way of making herself feel better."

He pauses for a second then continues.

"After it ended, we thought she'd go back to her room and rest, however, she went outside and let herself into the guards building by force. You forbid us from touching her so there was nothing we could do. She made them clean the entire building, then the garage, the cars, the yard, and so on. She kept on lecturing them about personal hygiene the entire time, but thankfully she left them alone halfway. We thought she finally calmed down but we were wrong."

"What else did she do?" I ask after noticing his silence.

"She came into the kitchen and prepared food for everyone, all the guards included. As you know we don't prepare food for them here, but she said they worked hard, and they deserve a good homemade meal. But even after the meal she was not done. She asked me if you had any agricultural land, and if yes then what kinds of crops. Of course, I was honest with her. When she found out you didn't have any she started criticizing you and your way of living. She then sent me to buy a huge amount of fruits for the guards and their families."

I rub my face with my hand, unable to find a reason why she would be angry. Did I push her too hard into the car? Was it because I didn't answer her question regarding Eddy? What the fuck was it?!

"Sir..." Alessandro clears his throat and speaks.

"There's... something else that I didn't mention..."

"I wonder what it could be Alessandro" I just sigh, it can't get any worse, can it?

"Among the rooms, she insisted on cleaning, was your... study room"