G!Sans x Ex!Reader

You can't bring yourself to open the door. You stand outside a pub in one of the pockets of Ebott City. You try to muster the courage to just walk in there, but you are at a loss for words. G asked if you wanted to meet up for a drink a few hours ago, and of course, you said yes. It's been about 3 years since the breakup, and you still weren't completely over him. Of course you've dated other people, but your mind always seems to linger on the thought of him. Like a greasy film on a Tupperware, you wash it over and over, but somehow the grime remains.

Moving away from the entrance you head to the little alley beside the building and light a cigarette. You think that maybe you'll have an answer after you finish one smoke. But by the end of your second, you still have no clue if you want to see him.

Your phone buzzes in your back pocket and you feel your soul lifting from your body. You panic thinking of the possibility that G is messaging you, asking about where you are. Taking a deep breath you pull out your phone and look at it.

"Do you plan on smoking the whole pack?" the message from G read, and your head shoots up to survey your surroundings. To your horror, G was sitting at a booth with a big ass window facing the alley. You give a quick wave before stomping out your cigarette and head inside. You find it pointless to stall now that he's seen you and acknowledged it.

You plop down into the booth across from G, and for a moment, you're both just staring at each other.

"So...how's life I guess?" you ask awkwardly.

"It's going. Just moved back to town...I was thinking of you."

You look down, cheeks burning at the skeleton's bluntness. You supposed there was no reason for him to beat around the bush, especially when he invited you out.

"Oh, I'm sure everyone's happy you're back, especially Papyrus," you reply. You weren't sure how to respond to the ladder comment. You always dreamed of him coming back to town and sweeping you off your feet. But now it felt odd, time passed and you changed. You weren't sure if you were in the position to start anything new with him.

"Yeah, everyone's ecstatic," G replies with a roll of his eyes.

Everyone was disappointed when G picked up and moved away so suddenly. But no one was more shocked than you to find your shared apartment empty, and a letter on your bed.

"Well, you did sort of just pick up and leave without warning."

"I know, and I'm...sorry."

G's looked remorseful, guilty even. But that didn't stop the tears from flowing. You had dreamed of this moment and prayed for it. But it's nothing like you expected it to be.

"Was it me? Did I do something to make you leave? I know you said in the letter that you just needed to go, but why not take me with you?"

"No, no (Y/n), I made my choice because of no one other than myself. You were perfect, gods you're still perfect."

You stare at each other for a moment, tension thick and tight. You weren't sure if you felt like running from him or to him. G reaches over and grabs your hand, and you stiffen.

"Sweetheart, I'm not going anywhere. I know I left, but I'm here now."

"But you weren't there when I needed you the most. I looked like a fool G, a goddamned fool. I lost my mind over you."

You snatch your hand back and scoot out of the booth. When you manage to get to your feet you look down at the man you had loved so dearly, the man who you still love, much to your displeasure.

"I can't do this right now. I need time to think. I need time to figure out if I even forgive you."

"(Y/n)..."

"I'll see you around G."