Chapter 9 - Jimin's perspective

A/N: This is Jimin's perspective.

Jimin is staring at his computer screen as he tries to concentrate on his work inside his office room on the top floor of the Park company. But the constant ringing of his phone is making it difficult. He is sighing heavily as he sees the ID on the screen, it is his mother.

It seems like everyone in his family is suddenly interested in his life. Jimin feels overwhelmed, and he can't help but feel frustrated. They were absent most of his life, never interested in what he wants and how he feels. They have never cared about him, so why are they suddenly trying to control his life?

Jimin takes a deep breath, trying to calm himself down before picking up, "What is it, Mom?"

"Jimin, your Grandma asked you to come home."

"I'm busy." He tries to keep his annoyance out of his voice.

"You know your Grandma's temper, you better be home as soon as possible."

Before she finishes her sentence, Jimin already hangs up.

Everyone takes a glance at Jimin as he enters the room. He takes a seat on one of the sofas. "What kind of special event is happening, why is everyone here?"

Grandma calmly grabs a folder of documents, throwing it at Jimin. "Why don't you give me an explanation, what is this?" She asked, watching his expression intensely.

Jimin raises his eyebrows and picks up the folder. He opens it and starts reading the documents. His face turns dark after realizing what it is, he immediately shifts his gaze to Y/N, sending her cold and deathly glares.

"Y/N, I have really underestimated you."

"This is your doing and you still want to blame others? Your son is dying, Jimin! He is waiting to be saved but you're willing to gambling on his life? Is Joonie not as important as that singer?"

Grandma is never fond of Seulgi. As someone who comes from a distinguished family, Grandma doesn't like his grandson playing around with someone like Seulgi. Someone from the entertainment industry.

Jimin is not a fool, he also knows this. But he can't accept the way Grandma makes fun of her because it hurts his pride, it feels like Grandma makes fun of his decision. He doesn't understand why everyone tries to control his life, he is capable of making his own choice!

He doesn't need their permission of who he's sleeping with!

"Grandma, Seulgi has a name."

"So what? Wasn't she a singer?" Grandma replies. "Jimin, this is my last reminder. Inside my heart, Joon Min is more important than anything and anyone. I will not allow anything bad to happen to him!"

Jimin narrows his eyes. "I also want him to live but it doesn't mean I need to touch this woman! Don't you know that she makes me feel sick?"

"You!" Grandma points her finger at him before fainting.

Joo Hyuk catches her before she falls to the floor and carries her to her room. "Call the doctor now!"

The family doctor comes to check on Grandma but the atmosphere inside the living room is still heavy.

Joo Hyuk pulls Jimin aside and raises his hand to slap him but before he can do that, Neon Yun grips his hand. "What are you doing? Is the situation not yet chaotic enough?"

Joo Hyuk shakes his wife's hand. With a towering rage, he stares at Jimin. "It's best for you to pray that Grandma will be okay."

In fact, nothing serious happened to Grandma, her health is okay. She fainted because she was angry and emotional. After a while, she gradually opens her eyes. She raises her head to look at everyone. Y/N helps her to sit and places a pillow on her back.