Chapter 64

Jungkook looked towards the direction of the bathroom, wondering what was taking Y/N so long to come out. Just as he was about to take Joon Min to go look for her, Y/N appeared and came back to the table. Jungkook flashed her a smile, looking at her worriedly.

"Y/N, are you okay?"

"I'm okay." Y/N smiled back, picking Joon Min up from his seat. "Let's go." Jungkook nodded, getting up and following along. Y/N didn't want to stay in case Joon Min see Seulgi.

Jeon Jungkook's return was originally to check on Joon Min. Seeing that his condition had improved greatly since the last time he saw him, he felt relieved as he needed to rush back overseas again.

Ever since Joon Min was a baby, he had been really close to Jungkook as he was the only older male figure in his life. "Mom, I want to send Uncle to the airport too.. Can't I come?" Joon Min pouted, looking up at Y/N with his big puppy eyes.

Y/N sighed. At first she didn't want to take him into the airport as it's crowded and busy, and she didn't want Joon Min to be exposed to any danger, but she couldn't deny him when he looked at her this way either. Joon Min was stubborn, pulling on Y/N's sleeve and begging her to let him go. Jungkook watched the mother and son duo, an amused smile on his face.

In the end, Y/N had no choice but to bring the little boy along with her. Joon Min smiled happily, running to Jungkook as he lifted him into his arms. "Thank you mommy!" he beamed. Y/N smiled defeatedly at Jungkook, who had the boy in one arm, pulling his luggage in the other. Jungkook shrugged, smiling back.

When it was time for Jungkook to check in, Joon Min hugged his neck tightly, not wanting to let go. The small boy was broken hearted that he had to be separated from his favorite uncle so soon. "Uncle Kookie, you will be back to visit me soon right?" He looked up at Jungkook, pouting cutely.

"I will be back soon." Jungkook stroked his little head, holding up his pinky. "Pinky promise." Joon Min wrapped his small pinky finger around Jungkook's. "I will bring presents for you next time alright?" Joon Min nodded happily and planted a small kiss on Jungkook's cheek.

"Thank you, Uncle Kookie." Joon Min beamed, giving him a toothy smile.

At that moment, Krystal ran up towards them, breathing heavily. "Made it." she heaved, putting her hands on her knees, catching her breath. Jungkook and Y/N laughed at her condition.

"You made it on time for once." Jungkook teased. Krystal glared at him before pulling him in for a quick hug. "I wouldn't miss sending you off for the world." Krystal joked before lightly slapping him on the arm. "Hi Joonie!" Krystal waved at her small boy still hugging Jungkook's neck. Joon Min waved back, smiling.

Jungkook laughed before turning to Y/N. "Y/N, can we talk? I have something to say to you."

Krystal lifted Joon Min from Jungkook's arms. "Come to Auntie Krystal." Joon Min nodded, letting her carry him. "Go, I will take care of Joonie."

Y/N nodded and followed Jungkook just a few meters away from Krystal. "Kookie, what's the matter?"

Jungkook rustled through his bag, pulling out a box before passing it to her. It was a simple box with a pretty white ribbon tied around it. She had noticed Jungkook put it in his bag earlier, but she didn't expect that it would be for her.

"This is...?" Y/N replied, inspecting the box.

"It's for you." Jungkook smiled. As Y/N was about to open the box, he stopped her, shaking his head. "This is your birthday gift, although it had already passed by a few weeks ago, I hope it's not too late. Open it when you are home."