Chapter 97

A/N: Gray cried 3 times editing this because it was so long :)) (10 pages long...)

Y/N quickly changed out of her black outfit into a plain outfit more suited for a checkup. She went with a loose white blouse and comfortable blue trousers. Y/N then grabbed her car keys and went downstairs.

"Oh Y/N, you don't need to drive there." Grandma called, guiding her outside the door. Jimin was at the front door, leaning against his car while checking his phone. "Jimin has been waiting to take you." Grandma smiled.

"Jimin's here? Isn't he supposed to be at work right now?" Y/N raised a brow.

"What are you talking about? Of course he would accompany you to the hospital to check on the baby. Is he not the father of the kid too?" She gave Y/N a light pat on her back. "Don't let him wait any longer, go now and be careful alright?"

"Okay Grandma." Y/N smiled.

Jimin looked up and noticed Y/N walking towards him. He tucked his phone back into his pocket and smiled, stepping aside to open the door for her.

Y/N felt rather nervous as she walked towards him. She took his hand as he guided her into the car, before closing the door and making his way over to the drivers side.

The two couldn't help but feel incredibly awkward being alone together. The air felt particularly heavy, and Jimin cleared his throat to break the silence.

"How was the funeral?" He spoke first.

Y/N stared out the window, resisting the urge to look at him.

"It was alright." She replied.

Jimin internally sighed. It didn't seem like it was possible for them to act normal right now. The car quickly fell silent, and they sat there quietly for the rest of the ride; neither feeling brave enough to speak.

Jimin pulled into the hospital car park, heading around the car to open the door for Y/N. Y/N thanked him quietly and they made their way over to the receptionist to sign in.

"The doctor will be with you in a moment. Please take a seat over there." The receptionist pointed over to the waiting area. Today Y/N was booked to have an ultrasound and a general body checkup to make sure she wasn't at risk of losing the child.

"Do you want me to come in with you?" Jimin asked quietly. He did want to come with Y/N, but he was afraid that she would be uncomfortable with the idea and he didn't want to push things right now.

Y/N shook her head. "It's up to you. After all, it's your baby too. If you want to come in you can." she replied nonchalantly. Even though she did feel rather awkward with Jimin right now especially after their fight last night, he did leave work to drive her here. She felt that it would be a bit cruel to forbid him from seeing how the baby was doing.

A nurse approached the couple. "Mr and Mrs. Park, please follow me. The doctor will see you now."

The nurse guided them into a small room where the doctor waited for them. He greeted the couple politely and asked Y/N to take a seat on the reclining bed.

"We're going to do the ultrasound first." He smiled, adjusting the reclining bed so Y/N sat in a slightly inclined position. "Since it's still quite early in the pregnancy, we won't be able to determine the gender or see any defining shape." The doctor explained. "But we will be able to check if your baby has a strong heartbeat."

Y/N nodded, slightly nervous. A nurse entered the room with the ultrasound machine and a trolley with a few supplies. She grabbed a tube of gel and asked Y/N to unbutton her blouse, exposing her stomach.