Chapter 94

A/N: I hope this chapter makes up for yesterday's cliffhanger (*TT)b

Krystal observed the intense snow storm that was currently happening outside.

"With this kind of weather, I really don't think we can go home today. Especially when Y/N is like this." Her gaze fell back onto Y/N who was currently asleep on the bed; Jungkook by her side. Krystal came over and placed her hand on Y/N's cheek. She felt burning hot to the touch.

"She's heating up." Krystal frowned.

Jungkook squeezed the cold water out of a fresh towel and placed it on Y/N's forehead. "I don't think the water is cold enough... Do you think you could grab some fresh snow from outside?" He looked at Krystal anxiously.

Krystal nodded and headed outside to collect some snow.

Jungkook looked at Y/N's face. She was fast asleep but her brows were knitted together in discomfort. He reached for her hand and squeezed it worriedly in his. He felt stupid for letting her stay outside in the cold for so long.

------

By the time they started their descent down from the mountain, the snow had become quite heavy and the temperature was reaching -5 ° C. Perhaps by then Y/N's weak body had been exposed to the extreme weather for too long, as she started to feel unwell.

Jungkook and Krystal didn't dare continue to walk outside with Y/N in this condition; she was swaying and found it hard to walk. Because of the weather all their phones had no signal, and there was no way of calling for assistance. Luckily, there was a resident who stayed on the mountain who knew Jungkook's grandma, and she let them stay.

Because of Y/N's pregnancy, they weren't sure what medicine was safe for her or not, so they decided to use traditional methods of cooling Y/N down instead.

Unfortunately, just using a cold towel isn't as effective as fever medication. Y/N's body was still burning hot, and her cheeks were tinged with red. She groaned in her sleep like she was having a nightmare.

Jungkook stroked her hair worriedly. "Don't worry Y/N... Everything is going to be okay." He whispered. "I'll take care of you and make sure the baby is okay, so sleep well."

Jungkook studied Y/N's sleeping face. Even when she was sick she still looked pretty and as delicate as a flower. He loved everything about her; from her long eyelashes, cute nose, soft cheeks and full pink lips. Jungkook stroked her cheek lovingly. He never got to be this close to her normally, and his heart tightened strangely.

He didn't know why he did it; perhaps he wasn't thinking properly or the temptation was too strong. But he leaned in and placed a light kiss on those pink lips.

-------

Jimin felt that he had probably been outside for around 20 minutes searching for the temple. By now he was almost walking blind through the heavy snow. Jimin paused and leaned against a tree to catch his breath.

"I should have worn more clothes if I knew I was going to get stuck on a goddamn mountain during a snowstorm..." Jimin mumbled, rubbing his bare hands together. The snow was starting to soak into his clothes and he could feel the icy sting against his bare skin. Jimin pulled out his phone and checked the time; his frozen fingers struggled to turn on the phone. It was already 8pm.

By now Jimin could only hope that Y/N was taking refuge inside of a building somewhere, but in the back of his mind he was worried over the chance that that wasn't the case. With difficulty, Jimin started walking through the snow again, using his feet to determine whether he was walking on snow that settled on the stone pathway or just some random area in the forest.