Chapter 57

Y/N knew from the start that Jun Seo didn't come to visit his grandson. After all, he is an incredibly selfish man that was willing to use others at the expense of his own happiness. Who else would he care about other than himself? Y/N couldn't hold back the feeling of disgust towards his shamelessness.

"He's gone." Y/N responded, walking past Jun Seo to tend to Joon Min.

"Gone?" Jun Seo stated, a little annoyed. "I just heard that he was at the hospital, how could he be gone already?"

Jun Seo turned around and promptly left the room to go find Jimin, leaving Shin Ji with Y/N and Joon Min.

Because he was usually unable to meet Jimin, Jun Seo normally went to look for him in his company. However, Jimin never gave him a chance to see him. He didn't even reject his requests to meet, but instead left him to wait around on his own.

Because of this, every time he went to Jimin's company, it would be a completely awkward situation. The employees of the Park company could do nothing but ignore his presence, no matter how much he insisted to see his son-in-law.

After Jun Seo left, Shin Ji pulled out a bag of packed lunch and placed the food on the table; pouring some hot vegetable soup into a small bowl. She smiled warmly, passing it to Joon Min. "Here you go Joonie, be careful, it's hot. Blow first before you eat it alright?"

Joon Min had mixed feelings towards Shin Ji, especially after the traumatic event of witnessing her beating his mother. But seeing her currently calm demeanor and warm smile, he felt that it would be better for him not to make a scene about it. After all, Joon Min wanted to trust his mom's words. He was still young, and there are a lot of adult matters that he didn't understand yet. Joon Min carefully took the bowl from Shin Ji, balancing it in his little hands.

"Thank you, grandma."

Shin Ji stroked his handsome face gently. "Good boy."

Shin Ji returned to Y/N's side, and beckoned for her to sit on the sofa with her. She glanced at the door nervously, then looked at Y/N with pleading eyes. "Y/N, don't blame your father... He is like that because..."

Y/N sighed. She knew Shin Ju was trying to make excuses for Jun Seo again. He didn't stay to see Joon Min, and left to find Jimin without greeting his grandson first.

Y/N tucked her hair behind her ears, fiddling with her long locks. She hated when her mother tried to defend that despicable man, despite knowing that nothing she says will make Y/N think any better of him. "Does it make a difference if I blame him or not?" she muttered, staring blankly at the ceiling.

Shin Ji's eyes turned cold. "Then do you blame him? If you want to blame someone, just blame me..."

Y/N tried not to listen to Shin Ji's pleads. She had long lost the ability to care about her empty words. After all these years of begging and defending, has anything changed? What was the use? No matter what, if she let Shin Ji choose the side she wanted to be on, she would always choose Jun Seo. He would always be the most important one in her heart.

"Mom, let's not talk about this. Is he good to you recently?" Y/N cut her off, trying to change the subject.

"Quite good." Shin Ji nodded, smiling weakly. Although she didn't want to admit it, the reason Shin Ji could stay beside Jun Seo all this time was because of Y/N. Without Y/N, Jun Seo would have no use for Shin Ji, as he only wanted Y/N to become Mrs Park. Shin Ji's role was to coerce Y/N into accepting his demands, and because of this, Jun Seo treated Shin Ji particularly well. Although she didn't want Jun Seo to threaten Y/N, there was nothing she could do about it. She had always wished to be happy with Jun Seo, and this sacrifice was the only way for her to stay by his side.