Chapter 69

"Jimin..."

"Hm?" Jimin replied, his eyes still closed. He leaned in and placed his lips against Y/N's forehead, kissing her gently.

"Why can't I get pregnant?"

Jimin's eyes fluttered open at the sound of Y/N's heartbroken voice. He looked down at Y/N who was staring back at him sadly.

Now that Y/N was thinking about this, she didn't feel sleepy anymore. She didn't understand why she wasn't pregnant yet even though she did it with Jimin almost every night. Y/N couldn't help but feel discouraged.

Jimin stroked her hair lightly. "You can't rush it Y/N."

Y/N's voice cracked a little. "I have to Jimin... Joonie can't wait for us forever."

Joon Min needed treatment as soon as possible, and even if Y/N got pregnant they still needed to wait nine months. Time was ticking and Jimin knew that all too well; yet he didn't know why Y/N wasn't getting pregnant either. He sighed and pulled Y/N in closer to his chest. "I know that you are worried, but the most important thing now is that you need to take care of your health. If you stress too much it won't be good for you."

Y/N was silent for a while, resting her head against Jimin's chest and feeling it rise and fall with every breath. "I've been eating the medicine from the doctor that helps to increase my fertility, so...." Y/N paused mid sentence, pushing away from Jimin's embrace to make eye contact.

"Maybe you have a problem?"

Jimin frowned slightly. It was a bit of a blow to his pride to be accused of having fertility issues. Leaning into Y/N's ear, he whispered. "If you think that way then let's have another round right now... Increase the chances?"

Y/N pulled back in panic, seeing Jimin smirking at her. "No, no, no..."

She already felt exhausted from their activity in the shower, and she wanted to at least be able to get off the bed tomorrow.

Jimin chuckled, wrapping his arms around Y/N's slim waist and pulling her back into his embrace. He reached over her and turned off the light before lying back down. "Don't think too much, let's sleep now alright?" Y/N didn't say anything and Jimin noticed that she still had a worried expression on her face. Jimin patted her back slowly and reassuringly. "If you're still worried we can go for a checkup okay? I'll get checked too."

Y/N sighed and nodded, closing her eyes.

She also thought about it, perhaps she really pressured herself too hard. Her health was not in the best condition recently; her period cycle was a complete mess. Maybe that's why she's having difficulty conceiving a kid.

Shin Ji and Jimin are right. If she wanted to conceive, then she need to be a hundred percent healthy.

"Can you call me oppa just like you call Taemin?" Jimin asked bluntly.

"Stop talking nonsense Jimin."

———

Grandma watched Y/N with worry as she walked weirdly towards the dining table. Y/N had an uncomfortable expression on her face as she tried to look as normal as possible. "Are you okay Y/N?" Grandma asked.

"I'm okay Grandma." Y/N smiled, sitting down next to Jimin and greeting Taemin who sat across from her..

Jimin smirked at Y/N. "I thought you wouldn't be able to get up today." He teased.

Taemin started coughing violently as he choked on his food in shock, reaching over to pick up a glass of water. He wiped his mouth with a napkin before turning back to his food, not looking up at the couple.