Chapter 71

A roadside CCTV video from outside the convenience store showed up on the screen. The video was low quality and slightly blurry, but you can easily see that it was a recording of a man using the public telephone.

Jimin pointed to the screen. "Mr Kang, the one wearing the black jacket is you right?"

Dong Won's face became pale, but he didn't want to admit it, so he just laughed instead. "Mr Park, how could you know it was me? The video is vague anyway...."

Jimin picked up Dong Won's jacket that was placed on his side, throwing it at the man's face "This jacket... Isn't it the same as the one in the video?"

Dong Won felt slightly anxious. He did not expect for Jimin to find out that he was at the convenience store, so he did not particularly pay attention to the outfit he wore today.

"Come on... This is such a common basic black jacket Mr. Park. Anyone could have it!" Dong Won laughed nervously. He had already broken out into a cold sweat. 'The video is quite fuzzy so hopefully I can play it off..' He thought to himself.

Taehyung passed a piece of paper to Jimin, who unfolded it and placed it on the table in front of Dong Won. "This is the phone number of the roadside convenience store in the video...."

His face was getting paler, he already started to feel quite helpless. "Mr Park, I really don't know what are you talking about...."

Jimin leaned back onto the sofa, crossing his legs. He smiled at Dong Won dangerously; the corners of his lips slightly curved up into an arrogant smirk. "Kang Dong Won, I have to admit, you are actually quite smart." Jimin praised.

"To make it harder to trace back to you, you used a public phone instead of your own phone.. But that wasn't enough. You even went to a convenience store in the opposite direction of your home just to be safe."

Dong Won's lips were pressed together tightly. He didn't expect Jimin to accurately describe his every move.

"But you should have considered the trustworthiness of your accomplices.. They really sold you out didn't they?" Dong Won averted his gaze from Jimin.

"Mr Park, I really don't understand what you are trying to say. I think you've got the wrong person." Dong Won argued. He was a sly man, there was no way he was going to openly admit to this if the evidence provided wasn't exactly concrete.

Dong Won turned around to leave but was forced onto the sofa opposite Jimin by Taehyung.

Jimin shook his head and clicked his tongue disapprovingly. "Where are you going Mr. Kang?" He smiled at the frightened man. "If you're innocent, why should you be afraid?"

Jimin's cold eyes bore right through Dong Won's head. "Right?"

Dong Won managed a friendly smile. "Of course Mr. Park.. Whatever you're accusing me of is false, I have nothing to be afraid of."

Jimin could only smirk at that statement. 'Let's see if he's still confident after this..'

Taehyung picked up the remote again and clicked the next image. A CCTV screen capture from inside the convenience store appeared on the screen. This image was completely clear, showing that the man in front of the telephone was indeed Dong Won.

Dong Won felt his heart drop seeing that photo. It showed his face completely. Unless he had a twin of some sorts there was no way he could lie his way out of this one.

Jimin eyed the shocked man. "You really thought it through. The first CCTV video was from the road side camera, but how about the CCTV inside the convenience store? Is it still blurry?"