23~ The proposal

"YAH! You all are gonna ruin my romantic proposal! How the fuck you all can hear us from all the way over here I really don't know, but get the fuck inside and stop fuckin' eavesdropping!" Jimin shouted at his brothers, irritated that they were being nosy and loud.

Siri gasped and froze at what Jimin revealed while he was busy scolding his brothers. Her heart raced like crazy as soon as she heard the word 'proposal.' When Jimin looked back at her to see she had a shocked look on her face, he was confused for a few seconds... until he realised what he just blurted out...

Oh shit, oh shit, oh shit, Jimin thought.

"Did you just–"

"Nope."

"But I heard you say–"

"Nope."

"Chim, I know I heard–"

"Nope," Jimin said quickly again as he turned to the basket of food to change the topic, "You didn't hear anything, Bubs. Come on, let's eat now. I got your faves." 

Jimin gulped nervously and silently berated himself as he couldn't believe he just revealed the surprise. Six fucking years of keeping myself away from her and keeping what happened to me a secret and yet something as important as a fucking proposal and I open my big fucking mouth after ONE day?! I'm a fucking idiot.

"Aw, Chim..." Siri chuckled softly and sympathetically. She was amused with how Jimin was avoiding the topic because he obviously ruined his surprise.

Jimin continued rummaging through the basket while he pretended like he didn't hear Siri... This was not how he wanted things to go tonight...

"Chiiiim, just ask iiiit," Siri whined as she tugged on the collar of his shirt. 

She wanted to hear him say it. Has been wanting this ever since he first gave her the promise ring. Doesn't matter if they only got back together three weeks ago. They're each other's one and only.

Yes, she was sad maybe 15 minutes ago thinking he wanted to dump her because of her fertility issues, but that moment of weakness and vulnerability was long forgotten already because Jimin reassured her of his love and did the sweetest thing for their angel baby.

And the thing is; she never let him go back then and won't ever let him go in the future. She always kept the promise ring because she always had a little bit of hope they would reunite.

They both know they are each other's end game. So... Why wait?

"Ask what? I wasn't gonna ask anything..." Jimin had to try really hard to keep the smirk away from his lips by curling them inwards. It had become a little funny to him now because Siri knows what he planned to do and she still wants him to do it.

"You might as well just say it, Chim."

"Nope. Don't know what you're talking about."

"Fine. Then I'll just ask it."

"Nope– wait– what?!" Jimin snapped his head to look at her with shock and she had a smirk on her face.

"Will you, Park Jimin, marry–mmph!!" Jimin had quickly stuffed a donut into her mouth to shut her up because she was not going to be the one that was going to ask.

"You're a cheeky little shit, you know that? Don't ruin my moment."

Siri gave Jimin the biggest grin as she took hold of the donut he stuffed in her mouth and took a bite. "But I'm your cheeky little shit. Plus, you already ruined it yourself, Chim," she mumbled as she chewed her food. "Mmm, I miss these donuts. So yummy. Love it."