The End of Year 1

Don't be a silent reader

Madam Pomfrey, the nurse, was a nice woman, but very strict. "Just five minutes," Harry pleaded. "Absolutely not." "You let Mom in..."

"Well, of course, that was the parent, quite different. You need rest." "We are resting, looking, lying down and everything. Oh, go on, Madam Pomfrey..." "Oh, very well," she said. "But five minutes only." And she let Ron, Draco, and Hermione in. "Harry! Aishi" Hermione looked ready to fling her arms around them again, but Harry was glad she held herself in as his head was still very sore and Aishi had a bandaged arm. "Oh, Guys, we were sure you were going to -- Your mom was so worried--"

"The whole school's talking about it," said Ron. "What happened?" It was one of those rare occasions when the true story is even more strange and exciting than the wild rumours. Harry told them everything: Quirrell; the mirror; the Stone; and Voldemort. Ron, Draco and Hermione were a very good audience; they gasped in all the right places, and when Harry told them what was under Quirrell's turban, Hermione screamed out loud and Draco went pale. "So the Stone's gone?" said Ron finally. "Flamel's just going to die?"

"That's what I said, but Professor Percy thinks that -- Like my Gurudev said 'to the well-organized mind, death is but the next great adventure," Aishi said

"So what happened to you three?" said Harry. "Well, I got back all right," said Draco. "I brought Ron and Hermione round -that took a while -- and we were dashing up to the owlery to contact your mom when we met her and snape in the entrance hall -- she already knew -- she just said, 'Harry's gone after him, hasn't he?' and hurtled off to the third floor."

"D'you think Dumbledore meant you to do it?" said Ron. "Sending you to that place? So you be the one to defeat Quirrell" "Well, " Hermione exploded, "if he did -- I mean to say that's terrible-- you could have been killed." "And don't forget how suspicious you got your dad's cloak back" Aishi said

"Yes, it isn't," said Harry thoughtfully. " Dumbledore. I think he is just a manipulative man believe me. Trying to play god on people. He left me with my aunt and uncle Dursleys when I was a baby and they abused me for years till mom rescued me and cursed them. Plus he had so many blocks on me and Mom found many blocks on teachers and students."

"But I didn't come to London till I was a day away from the train leaving date." Aishi said "Wait is that why my guru held my letter? He must have sense charms in it"

" so there is a possibility there are blocks in us" Draco said "We all must see the goblins at the bank they will help us get the blocks off"

"Yeah, Dumbledore's off his rocker, all right," said Ron. "Listen, you've got to be up for the end-of-year feast tomorrow. The points are all in and Slytherin won, of course -- you missed the last Quidditch match, Hufflepuff was steamrollered by Ravenclaw without you -- but the food'll be good." At that moment, Madam Pomfrey bustled over.

"You've had nearly fifteen minutes, now OUT," she said firmly. After a good night's sleep, Harry and Aishi felt nearly back to normal and she handed her bandage off. " I want to go to the feast," he told Madam Pomfrey as she straightened his many candy boxes. " I can, can't I?" "Professor Dumbledore says you are to be allowed to go," she said stiffly, as though in her opinion Professor Dumbledore didn't realize how risky feasts could be Harry and Aishi mentally groaned at his name. "And you have another visitor."

"Oh, good," said Harry. "Who is it?" Hagrid sidled through the door as he spoke. As usual, when he was indoors, Hagrid looked too big to be allowed. He sat down next to Harry, took one look at him, and burst into tears. "It's -- all -- my -- ruddy -- fault!" he sobbed, his face in his hands. I told the evil git how ter get past Fluffy! I told him! It was the only thing he didn't know, an' I told him! Yeh could've died! All fer a dragon egg! I'll never drink again! I should be chucked out an' made ter live as a Muggle!"