The Rat And The Dog

Don't be a slient reader , send comments

The group set off back toward the castle, walking slowly to keep themselves hidden under the expanded cloak. The light was fading fast now. By the time they reached open ground, darkness was settling like a beautiful spell around them.

"I am glad your mom stopped them, Hari," Aishi said "Yeah...glad Hagrid is happy," Harry said "And we found the so-called dead rat"

"I said I was sorry!! Scabbers, keep still," Ron hissed, clamping his hand over his chest. The rat was wriggling madly. Ron came to a sudden halt, trying to force Scabbers deeper into his pocket. "What's the matter with you, You stupid rat? Stay still -- OUCH! He bit me!"

"Ron, be quiet!" Draco whispered urgently. "He won't -- stay -- put --"
Scabbers was terrified. He was writhing with all his might, trying to break free of Ron's grip. "What's the matter with him?" But Harry had just seen -- stinking toward them, his body low to the ground, wide yellow eyes glinting eerily in the darkness --Crookshanks.

Whether he could see them or was following the sound of Scabbers's
squeaks, Harry couldn't tell. "Crookshanks!" Hermione moaned. "No, go away, Crookshanks! Go away!" But the cat was getting nearer -- "Scabbers -- NO!" Too late -- the rat had slipped between Ron's clutching fingers, hit the ground, and scampered away. In one bound, Crookshanks sprang after him, and before anyone could stop him, Ron had thrown the Invisibility Cloak off himself and pelted away into the darkness. "Ron!" Hermione moaned.

The rest looked at each other, then followed at a sprint; as it was impossible to run full out under the cloak; they pulled it off and it streamed behind them like a banner as they hurtled after Ron; they could hear his feet thundering along ahead and his shouts at Crookshanks."Get away from him -- get away -- Scabbers, come here --"
There was a loud thud.

"Gotcha! Get off, you stinking cat --"
Harry and Draco almost fell over Ron; they all skidded to a stop right in front of him. He was sprawled on the ground, but Scabbers was back in his pocket; he had both hands held tight over the quivering lump.

"Ron -- come on back under the cloak --" Hermione panted. But before they could cover themselves again before they could even
catch their breath, they heard the soft pounding of gigantic paws...
Something was bounding toward them, quiet as a shadow -- an enormous, pale-eyed, jet-black dog.

"Hey, it's Orion...why is he growling?" Aishi said. Harry reached for his wand, but too late -- the dog had made an enormous leap and the front paws hit him on the chest; he keeled over backwards in a whirl of hair; he felt its hot breath, saw inch-long teeth - But the force of its leap had carried it too far; it rolled off him.

Dazed, feeling as though his ribs were broken, Harry tried to stand up; he could hear it growling as it skidded around for a new attack.
Ron was on his feet. As the dog sprang back toward them he pushed Harry aside; the dog's jaws fastened instead around Ron's outstretched arm.

"ORION NO BAD DOG!!!" Aishi said

Harry lunged forward, and he seized a handful of the Orion's hair, but it
was dragging Ron away as easily as though he were a rag doll -- Then, out of nowhere, something hit Harry so hard across the face he was
knocked off his feet again. He heard Draco shriek with pain and fall
too. Harry groped for his wand, blinking blood out of his eyes.