Aishi's birthday

Don't be a silent reader

Aishi Merha was a special girl in many ways. For one thing, she also happened to be a witch. It was nearly noon, and she was lying on her stomach in bed,  and a large leather-bound book (A History of Magic by Bathilda Bagshot) propped o  ⁸pen against the pillow. Aishi moved the tip of her peacock-feather quill down the page, frowning as he looked for something that would help him write her essay, "Witch Burning in the Fourteenth Century Was Completely Pointless —discuss."

The quill paused at the top of a  paragraph. She pushed square round glasses up the bridge of her nose, moved closer to the book, and read: Non-magic people (more commonly known as Muggles) were particularly afraid of magic in medieval times, but not very good at recognizing it. On the rare occasion that they did catch a real witch or wizard, burning had no effect whatsoever. The witch or wizard would perform a basic Flame Freezing Charm and then pretend to shriek with pain while enjoying a gentle, tickling sensation. Indeed, Wendelin the Weird enjoyed being burned so much that she allowed herself to be caught no less than forty- seven times in various disguises. Silly Wendelin

Aishi put her quill between her teeth and reached her bedside shelf for her ink bottle and a roll of parchment. Slowly and very carefully he unscrewed the ink bottle, dipped his quill into it, and began to write, pausing every now and then to think how to explain it better.

This had been overall a calm few days since Harry's birthday which she not get over how tall he was and more flirty than normal.

There were a few weird moments I'm her home like when she received a telephone call from a fellow wizard two days ago. Ron Weasley, who was one of her best friends at Hogwarts as part of the golden group, came from a whole family of wizards.

This meant that he knew a lot of things Aishi didn't, but had never used a telephone before. Also, it had been Uncle Shiva who had answered the call.

"Shiva merha speaking."Aishi, who happened to be in the room at the time ready to watch a movie, jumped as she heard Ron's voice answer.

"HELLO? HELLO? CAN YOU HEAR ME? I — WANT — TO — TALK — TO — AISHI — MERHA!" Ron was yelling so loudly that Uncle Shiva jumped and held the receiver a foot away from his ear, staring at it with an expression of amusement and alarm. "who is this?" he asked normally before moving it away quickly from his ear. "RON — WEASLEY!" Ron bellowed back, as though he was yelling across a photoball field. "I'M — A — FRIEND — OF — AISHI'S — FROM — SCHOOL —"

"You can talk normally kiddo no need to yell. I can hear you.  Speak normally" Shiva calmly said

"Oh....sorry...First time on the phone" Ron said toning down his voice. "Hand on I will give the phone to her... Aishi!"

"Coming!" Aishi said and soon chatted work Ron and then Hermoine called too and they all chatted about everything.

Aishi finished writing about Wendelin the Weird and paused to stretch her back. Her uncle has ordered a new study table for her as her old one was too small and looked rusty.

"Hey kiddo, knock knock, " Shiva said pretending to knock on her open bedroom door. " hi maman! How was work? "

"Good kiddo...some issues but it's alright," he said messing her hair. "Finished another homework?"

"Yeah...it was interesting about the witch hunts and stuff and how many wizards and witches survived easily....just feel bad for the muggles," She said

" You got so occupied with other things that you forgot what today is." He said 

"Huh?" He gives her a tiny box with a ribbon tied to it " Happy birthday kiddo"