The notebook

Don't be a silent reader, send your comments, please

Hermione remained in the hospital wing for several weeks. There was a flurry of rumors about her disappearance when the rest of the school arrived back from their Christmas holidays, because of course, everyone thought that she had been attacked. So many students filed past the hospital wing trying to catch a glimpse of her that Madam Pomfrey took out her curtains again and placed them around Hermione's bed, to spare her the shame of being seen with a furry face.

Harry, Aishi, Draco, Ron Theo and Blaise went to visit her every evening. When the new term started, they brought her each day's homework. Today only Draco, Ron and Harry did as Aishi was busy for some reason.

„If I'd sprouted whiskers, I'd take a break from work," said Ron, tipping a stack of books onto Hermione's bedside table one evening. „Don't be silly, Ron, I've got to keep up," said Hermione briskly. Her spirits were greatly improved by the fact that all the hair had gone from her face and her eyes were turning slowly back to brown. „I don't suppose you've got any new leads?"

she added in a whisper so that Madam Pomfrey couldn't hear her. „Nothing," said Harry gloomily.

„I was so sure it was Pucey," said Ron, for about the hundredth time. „What's that?" asked Harry, pointing to something gold sticking out from under Hermione's pillow.

„Just a get-well card," said Hermione hastily, trying to poke it out of sight, but Ron was too quick for her. He pulled it out, flicked it open, and read aloud: „To Miss Granger, wishing you a speedy recovery, from your concerned teacher, Professor Gilderoy Lockhart, Order of Merlin, Third Class, Honorary Member of the Dark Force Defense League, and five-time winner of Witch Weekly's Most-Charming-Smile Award." Ron looked up at Hermione, disgusted. „You sleep with this under your pillow?"

Meanwhile, Aishi was shaking as she spoke to a spirit from the notebook in her hand. " Tom bau....tell me the truth....what is happening to me? Am I....am I the cause of what is happening?"

"Yes and no....there is another side of me another spirit who is the dark side of me....the corrupt he is the one....HE is controlling you...you have to get rid of me Aishi....get rid of the book"

"What? I...all those...I didn't want to....I..."

"I know so you have to get rid of us...toss us somewhere where no one can find us for a while and try to find someone who can get help. "

"As if someone will help you...." another spirit exactly like Tom but his eyes were scarlet and not blue came out and held aishi neck tightly. "Imagine what would happen if they read what you wrote these past days....they will see you as a monster...a demon..."

Light Tom attacks Dark Tom allowing Aishi to breathe. " SHUT THE BOOK AND TOSS IT FAR ... DON'T TRY TO GET US...ITS FOR YOUR OWN GOOD....SHUT IT NOW!!"

" DONT YOU DAR..." But aishi quickly shut it and pants in fear. She immediately ran with it and headed to the girl bathroom with a shaking hand. She tossed it far from her and left unaware someone had found that very notebook in an hour. That was no other than Harry Potter

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Hermione left the hospital wing, de-whiskered, tail-less, and fur-free, at the beginning of February. On her first evening back in the Hangout room, Harry showed her with Draco as Aishi was resting in her dorm T. M. Riddle's diary he found and told her the story of how they had found it. „Oooh, it might have hidden powers," said Hermione enthusiastically, taking the diary and looking at it closely. „If it has, it's hiding them very well," said Ron. „Maybe it's shy. I don't know why you don't chuck it, Harry." „I wish I knew why someone did try to chuck it," said Harry. „I wouldn't mind knowing how Riddle got an award for special services to Hogwarts either."