The invitation to the world cup

Don't be a silent reader, send comments

The next day after the wonderful date with Harry to Hamilton and Six...He could have sworn his uncle Hermes was performing there which confused Aishi. She entered the kitchen, yawning and grabbing her Horlicks as she sat in the dining room. "Morning betee," Raja said reading his newspaper " Morning Dadaji...Moring Maman" She said shiva had just returned from his morning jog "Morning kiddo...morning appa," He said before heading to shower and just then the doorbell rang. 

"No need I got it betee"  her grandpa said as he heaved himself out of his chair and set off down the hall. Aishi heard talking at the door, two people laughing one sounded like her grandfather. Then the front door closed, and the sound of ripping paper came from the hall. Aishi looked at the hall curiously as Shiva came out from his shower and made coffee Raja came into the dining calming down after what was a laughing moment.

" What is wrong appa? why do you look like you just had a hilarious moment?" Shiva asked looking puzzled. "This just arrived," said Raja handing Aishi a piece of purple writing paper. "A letter for you." 

Aishi's confusion increased. Her grandfather just chuckled and adjusted his glasses as he read aloud:

Dear Mr. and Mr. Merha, 

We have never been introduced, but I am sure you have heard a great deal from Aishi about my son Ron. 

You see the final of the Quidditch World Cup takes place this Monday night, and I have just managed to get prime tickets through his connections at the Department of Magical Games and Sports. I do hope you will allow us to take Aishi to the match, as this is a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity; Britain hasn't hosted the Cup for thirty years, and tickets are extremely hard to come by. We would of course be glad to have you come along as well since you are her family as we got two extra tickets.

 It would be best for Aishi to send us your answer as quickly as possible in the normal way, because the Muggle postman has never delivered to our house, and I am not sure he even knows where it is.

Hoping to see Aishi soon,
Yours sincerely,

Arthur Weasley 

P.S. I do hope we've put enough stamps on.

Raja finished reading, put his hand back into his breast pocket, and drew out something else. "Look at this," he chuckled. He held up the envelope in which Mr. Weasley's letter had come, and Shiva burst out laughing as well as Aishi looked in shock. Every bit of it was covered in stamps except for a square inch on the front, into which Mr. Weasley had squeezed the Merhas' address in minute writing. 

"He did put enough stamps on, then," said Shiva "The postman noticed," Raja said  "Very interested to know where this letter came from, he was. That's why he rang the doorbell. Seemed to think it was funny which indeed it is." 

" Oh my god..." Aishi said trying to hide her face in her hands as Shiva kept laughing. "Oh man that reminds me of when Sirius tried to muggle mail for the first time...hilarious " He chuckled remembering the crazy stamp envelope incident and accidentally putting it in the trash instead of the mailbox

" Quidditch" Raja asked "What is that?" "It's a wizard sport appa.....Aishi plays as a chaser for the Hufflepuff, see that photo that is when her team won the cup last year" Raja hums seeing the Hufflepuff team picture holding the cup "It's famous in the wizarding world....like how cricket is famous in India"

" Oh I see.....but What does he mean, 'the normal way'?" he asked.  

"Normal for us," said Aishi "Owl post. That's what's normal for wizards." " But we don't have an owl.... just a shadow puppy," Raja said and that said puppy barked " Hello to you Chintu" 

"well....." "OUCH!" said Shiva as what appeared to be a small, gray, feathery tennis ball collided with the side of his head. He massaged the spot furiously, looking up to see what had hit him, and saw a minute owl, small enough to fit into the palm of his hand, whizzing excitedly around the room like a loose firework. Aishi then realized that the owl had dropped a letter at her feet. she bent down, recognized Ron's handwriting, then tore open the envelope. Inside was a hastily scribbled note. 

Aishi — DAD GOT THE TICKETS — Ireland versus Bulgaria, Monday night. Dad's writing to the Muggles to ask you to come. They might already have the letter, I don't know how fast Muggle post is. Thought I'd send this with Pig anyway. 

Aishi stared at the word "Pig," and then looked up at the tiny owl now zooming around the light fixture on the ceiling. She had never seen anything that looked less like a pig. Maybe she couldn't read Ron's writing. She went back to the letter: 

We're coming for you, you can't miss the World Cup. If they say yes, send Pig back with your answer pronto, and we'll go and get you at five o'clock on Sunday to Potter Manor. If they say no, send Pig back pronto and probably send Harry to steal you away. Hermione's arriving this afternoon. Percy started work — at the Department of International Magical Cooperation. Don't mention Abroad while you're here unless you want the pants bored off you.
See you soon — 

" If he does that I will shoot him" Shiva " Maman no!" Aishi said 

"Calm down!" Aishi said as the small owl flew low over their head, twittering madly with what she could only assume was pride at having delivered the letter to the right person as Raja laughed at its overexcitement. "Come here, I need you to take my answer back!" The owl fluttered down on top of Hedwig's cage. Hedwig looked coldly up at it, as though daring it to try and come any closer. Harry seized his eagle feather quill once more, grabbed a fresh piece of parchment, and wrote: 

Ron, it's all okay,  we can come. See you at five o'clock tomorrow. Can't wait She folded this note up very small, and with immense difficulty, tied it to the tiny owl's leg as it hopped on the spot with excitement. The moment the note was secure, the owl was off again; it zoomed out of the window and out of sight. 

"Well I hope it doesn't last until your birthday kiddo," Shiva said " We should get packing" "Oh this is going to be exciting - OW MY BACK!" Raja said accidentally cracking his back

"I got the medical pillow," Aishi said going to grab it as Shiva chuckled helping his father sit up