Moony, Wormtail, Padfoot, Hunter and Prongs

DON'T BE A SILENT READER, DO SEND COMMENTS

"You're mental." Ron said "Ridiculous!" said Hermione faintly." Peter Pettigrew's dead!" said Ron. "He killed him twelve years ago!" He pointed at Black, whose face twitched convulsively.

"I meant to," he growled, his yellow teeth bared, "but little Peter got the better of me... not this time, though!" Crookshanks was thrown to the floor as Black lunged at Scabbers; Ron yelled with pain as Black's weight fell on his broken leg.

."Sirius, NO!" Samuel yelled, launching himself forward and dragging Black away from Ron again, "WAIT! You can't do it just like that -- they need to understand -- we've got to explain --"

"We can explain afterwards!" snarled Black, trying to throw Samuel off. One hand was still clawing the air as it tried to reach Scabbers, who was squealing like a piglet, scratching Ron's face and neck as he tried to escape.

"They've -- got -- a -- right -- to -- know -- -everything BROTHER!" Samuel panted, still trying to restrain Black. " what?"

Black stopped struggling, though his hollowed eyes were still fixed on Scabbers, who was clamped tightly under Ron's bitten, scratched, and bleeding hands. " what did you call me?"

Samuel lets him go and with a wave of his hand reveals his real face to him. "Reggie? You alive?"

"Have been for the past 12 years....out cold for 6 years." Regulus said "Thank percy...she got me out of that water"

Sirius hugged him tightly and cried a bit." We get to the emotional part later...Siri, we have something to focus on"

"Right"

"You're nutters, both of you," said Ron shakily, looking round at the other for support. "I've had enough of this. I'm off." He tried to heave himself up on his good leg, but Harry raised his wand again, pointing it at Scabbers.

"Harry?" "You're going to hear them out, Ron," he said quietly. "Just keep a tight hold on that rat while you listen."

" Pettigrew dies," he said. "A whole street full of them..." They didn't see what they thought they saw!" said Black savagely, still watching Scabbers struggling in Ron's hands. "Everyone thought Sirius killed Peter," said Lupin, nodding. "I believed it myself -- until I saw the map tonight. Because the Marauder's map never lies... Peter's alive. Ron's holding him, Harry."

"He is right Ron....the map can never lie" Harry said "It was charmed like it and quite a powerful one" Harry said. Then Hermione spoke, in a trembling, would-be calm sort of voice, as though trying to will Professor Lupin to talk sensibly. "But Professor Lupin... Scabbers can't be Pettigrew... it just can't be true, you know it can't..." "Why can't it be true?" Lupin said calmly, as though they were in class, and Hermione had simply spotted a problem in an experiment with grindylows.

"Because... because people would know if Peter Pettigrew had been an Animagus. We did Animagi in class with Professor McGonagall. And I looked them up when I did my homework -- the Ministry of Magic keeps tabs on witches and wizards who can become animals; there's a register showing what animal they become, and their markings and things... and I went and looked Professor McGonagall up on the register, and there have been only seven Animagi this century, and Pettigrew's name wasn't on the list."

"Right again, Hermione!" he said. "But the Ministry never knew that there used to be four unregistered Animagi running around Hogwarts." "you're going to tell them the story, get a move on, Remus," said Black, who was still watching Scabbers's every desperate move. "I've waited twelve years, I'm not going to wait much longer." "All right... but you'll need to help me, Sirius," said Lupin, I only know how it began..."