Chapter 1

It was Monday and Mariana woke up early to go for work as the boss Mariana is always punctual and goes at work on time. As the leader Mariana leads by example she goes early at work and expect her employees to do the same.

Mariana got off bed and headed to the bathroom she took a quick bath and came out . She dried her skin, applied lotion and headed to her wall-drop she took out a nevy blue stripped 2-pieces pants and a blazer suit stripped with a white plain long sleeve shirt.

 She got dressed and went to her dressing mirror to comb her soft hair she got her yellow gold diamond geneve quartz watch and put it on. Mariana stood up and looked at herself in the mirror she smiled when she  saw everything was okay.

Mariana was average in height, she was fair in complexion, had chin-length dark hair. She had big brown eyes and small beautiful lips and a perfect nose that fit her perfectly.

Mariana got her plain black leather bag and her car keys on the dressing table and walked out the room she closed the door behind her as she walked down the stairs with her black Lando heels making a loud noise.

Mariana walked out of her apartment and went to the garage to get her car it was a black Land Rover Discovery 4 she got in and drove off.

Mariana reached the company after the long traffic in town as it is a busy place in the morning because people are going for work and the kids are going to school.

She parked her car in the parking lot of the company she got out of the car and locked it. She looked at her watch and smiled to herself and mumbled " Am just on time like always " Mariana walked inside the company and was greeted by her employees.

Mariana was usually serious when she was in the office she had no time to joke with anyone as they had work to do so did she.

Mariana reached her office and pushed the door open and walked in. She put her bag down on her desk,she walked round it and sat on her black chair. Mariana let out a sigh of relief as she sat down, she took out her phone from her bag and called her personal assistant (PA) Jack.

After a few rings Jack finally picked up her call.

"Hey boss what do I get for you calling me as early as 7am" Jack said from the other side of the phone.

"Jack it looks like it has become my duty to tell you what time work start and the time you should report for work? "

" But you always do" Jack chuckled as Mariana rolled her eyes at him though he could not see her.

"Jack you little brat bring your ass to my office now! " Mariana said in her official voice.

"Geez boss I will be there in a few minutes"

"Where are you? "

"Just arrived am outside the company'

"Well okay bring me a cup of coffee when coming"

"Yes boss" Jack said and Mariana cut the call as she startedid going through her files.

A few minutes and the door was pushed open to her office,Mariana moved her eyes from her files and looked at the door to see who entered her office without knocking.

It was Jack he was light in complexion had black hair, blue eyes and pink lips and he had broad muscles. He was wearing a plain white long sleeve shirt tucked in black trousers as the shirt fit him well  huggging his abs with white sneakers.

Mariana closed her file and rested her back fully on the chair " Jack despite being late you are also mannerless , don't you know the meaning of office etiquette? "

"Cmon what did I do now I just arrived"

"Should I remind you this is my office and am your boss and has it now become my job to teach you how to knock? "

"Cmon Mariana you won't use that tone on me I don't knock everytime so why do it now? "

"Jack you... "

"Jack nothing Mariana cmon"

Apart from Jack being Mariana's personal assistant his also her best friend. Jack has been Mariana's best friend since high school and they were always together it has always been like that.

They always joke, laugh and say whatever they want and it has never been a problem but in the office Mariana was the boss and Jack should stay in his lane but he never gets it.

"Jack I always tell you to knock but it's like you will never get it in your head"

"Well I will when you find yourself a boyfriend" Jack said and smirked.

"Oh shut up Jack look who is talking someone who sleeps around with every girl he meets and the baddest part is that you could not even find yourself a girlfriend among all the girls you bedded"

"Whatever" Jack said and walked to Mariana's desk he put the cup of coffee he bought for her down and sat on a sofa.

Mariana chuckled to see Jack's sour face after she finished him off but she was just saying the truth that's all.

Mariana continued with her work while Jack did his.

~~~~

*Edited *