Chapter 9

Mariana woke up early in the morning as usual she got everything ready and went to the bathroom as she was going at Dale company. 

Mariana took a bath and went to her closet she got  a Capreze 2-piece blazer with a white high waist pants suit a white vest with a white long sleeve jacket unbuttoned. She put it on and combed her hair properly  she got her white handbag and looked at herself in the mirror she had to look represantable although she always did. 

Mariana went out of her room she walked carefully down the stairs so she could not trip and fall because she was wearing long heels

Mariana reached the living room and found Jack standing with his laptop in his hand as he looked at her. He wore a white long sleeve shirt, blue jeans and sneakers with his hair pushed backwards. 

"Looking hot " Jack said when she reached were he was "Thanks Jack" Mariana said and hugged him. Jack was surprised by the sudden act, Mariana pulled away and met Jack's confused expression making Mariana frown. 

"What don't tell me I can't even hug my own best friend and I always do so why that face? "

"No Mariana it's just that after what- "

"Happened yesterday you thought I would not talk to you and ignore you, right" Mariana said before Jack could finish his sentence as he nodded. 

Mariana looked at Jack and held each side of his shoulders " Jack one silly thing won't separate us and no one could before so why now?only because of one silly misunderstanding.And besides we are both equally responsible for what happened last night no one was willing to stop it so it reached to an extent where we both lost it because we were caught up in the moment and it's no lie we both enjoyed it "

Jack raised his eyebrows at her as Mariana frowned " Jack you no it's true and out of the both of us you were the one who enjoyed doing that to me and don't lie saying you didn't " Mariana said pointing a finger at him. 

"Okay yes you are right but I promise I did it out of my instincts and it won't happen again going forward I promise and am sorry if i made you feel uncomfortable"

"No Jack you didn't and am also sorry if i had stopped you it would have not happened so it's no one's fault and let's forget about it" Mariana said and hugged Jack again but this time he hugged her back they both pulled away and left the house. 

                                           ****

Mariana and Jack were standing outside Dale company the building on the outside was amazing to see and hoped the inside was much better than this. 

Mariana and Jack looked at each other and gave knowing looks as they entered the building.

They both were greeted by a lovely man with a smile on his face with a bouquet of flowers in his hand.. He was light in complexion, had tousled dark hair, green eyes a long nose and was tall and muscular just like Jack. 

But he wore clothes that were completely black from head to toe , he wore a black shirt, black jeans, black shoes with a black leather jacket on top with a ID badge which said  'Dale company, personal assistant (PA) Bupe. 

"It's nice having you here miss Mariana" Bupe said and handed the flowers to Mariana. 

Mariana smiled and accepted the bouquet of flowers from Bupe but did not miss the awkwardness between him and Jack. 

Jack is always talking non stop but after entering Dale company it's like something hit him hard and when he saw  Bupe he was totally silent as though someone threatened him at gun point. 

At first Mariana was confused the way they both looked at each other 'were they admiring each other' but there eyes didn't say that as they both stared daggers at each other. 

Mariana cleared her throat to stop the awkwardness that surrounded them and spoke "Mr Bupe meet my PA Jack" Bupe smiled at Jack as he smirked " Nice to meet you Mr Jack " Bupe said and earned a frown from Jack as he rolled his eyes. 

Mariana punched Jack in the stomach and gave him a warning look "cmon Mariana what was that for? " Mariana ignored Jack's question and looked at Bupe "sorry about his behavior "

"No it's fine miss, this way please let me  not  keep you waiting any longer" Bupe said and point his finger towards the elevator Mariana nodded and walked in front leading the way as Jack and Bupe followed her behind after staring at each other for the last time. 

They reached the top floor and went straight to the CEO office. It was surely amazing as Mariana looked at the room with awe the room was surely big. 

It was grey in color, had a Harmonia grand executive desk and had bold black accent walls at the back of the executive desk  and a door at the right reaching to the  resting area while the left door was leading to the balcony seeing all the views as the doors were made out of glass. 

Bupe took them to the living area as he excused himself with "I will take my leave now, would you like to have anything"

"Water will do"

"Okay I will let someone bring it for you and the boss will be here in a few minutes sorry for making you wait for so long"

"No it's fine we can wait" 

Bupe nodded and walked out of the room. 

~~~~

* edited *