Chapter 23

Mariana's POV

I  can't believe my so-called father changed everything. Him coming at my apartment with Emilio was much better than hosting unexpected party, who the hell does that? 

Luckily he said it in the morning so I had time to prepare, Alex had things to do and would be back before the party could start and that gave me time to go and do something with my hair it was time to do a make over I spent my entire day looking for a perfect dress I could wear. 

And here I was dressing up, I thought I would look for something simple but elegant. I put on a plain white cloak sleeve bodycon dress, white long heels and a purse my long hair pushed backwards I was not a fan of make-up so I went with my natural self. I looked at myself in the mirror and I loved what I was seeing. I chuckled at myself when I realized I have been wearing white clothes at work the entire week and here I am wearing white again. I just loved the color it always looked great on me.   

I walked down the stairs and was met by blue eyes. Alex, when did he even come. He surely looked handsome standing there he wore a black tuxedo his hair all messed up but in a neat way. 

" You look beautiful " He said  as soon as I reached were he was standing. 

" You look handsome" I complimented him. We stood there staring at each other it felt like forever. I looked away from him thinking of what to say but nothing came out. 

" Don't know what to say, huh? " 

" No well yes " We both chuckled   

" Mariana? "

" Mmmmm " He  walked close to me closing the gap between us wrapping his hand around my waist  pulling me close to his body. I looked up at him and before I knew it he smashed his lips against mine. Without thinking twice I responded to his kisses putting my hands on his shoulders for support closing my eyes to feel the sparks that ran through my body. 

He pushed away and looked me in the eyes " You're beautiful Mariana always remember that " He said and gave me one last kiss as he walked outside " Meet me in the car "

I stood there my face was totally red from shyness I put my face in my hands I could not help but smile it felt great. I didn't know were all those sparks where coming from but it added to the feeling. Who would have thought Alex would do that. My body has been acting funny since yesterday. I wanted him again and again wanted to feel him against my body. I can't believe I was already wet it was only a kiss with a smile still planted on my face I walked out. 

*****

We reached the party and I was greeted by Jane she looked beautiful and she gave me a hug " Wow Mariana you look gorgeous long hair really look good on you but I prefer your short hair." She said touching my hair. 

" Thanks for the compliment "

I noticed Jane kept looking behind me as though she was searching for someone. 

"Expecting someone? "

" Yes actually your boyfriend where is he? "

" His outside he'll be here in a moment "

"Why didn't you tell me"

" Tell you what? "

" You found yourself a man"

" I didn't have the time I would have told you "

" M you are lying you came here last time why didn't you tell us"

" Sorry I was not ready to tell"

" Wow mom is happy and questions are already waiting for you, let's go and see her "

" What about Ale-"

" He will be fine " Before I could protest Jane was pulling me inside she let go of me and I bumped into a man's back. The man turned around and I was about to apologize. Bupe. 

What the hell was he doing here? If Bupe was here that meant Alexandra was here with him.  He also looked at me the same way I did. Shocked, surprised, fear and scared. 

He cleared his throat and stretched his hand to greet " Ms Mariana nice to see you again "

"Nice to see you too" I said shaking his hand.  " What brings you here I mean what are you doing here? " The words were not coming out the way I wanted them to but I was confused and I needed to find out why he came to my house and if that stupid boss of his is here.  

" Well we came for you-"

" We? " I didn't see any other person with him hope Alexandra Blake was not the 'we' he was talking about. 

" My boss and I"  

And that was it Alexandra Blake was in my house impossible well actually possible because he was already inside I was about to walk past him but he stopped me holding my hand " Ma'am we were still wondering if the offer still stands we can still be business partners"  I wanted to say no but a hand was wrapped around my waist the man holding me tight and close. 

" What made my princess upset " I didn't need to look to realize who it was. Wait how did he know I was upset he wasn't even here but I just had to play along with it. 

" Look sweetheart Bupe is here that means Alexandra is also here" I said hoping he would know what to say. I didn't even tell him about the Alexandra thing. 

" Wow I can't believe he followed you here I thought your boss, was not interested in finalizing the deal when he didn't show up". Alex said a bit upset. 

" I think we need to go, right Jane ? " I looked to where Jane was standing, she left before telling me, now that was embarrassing. 

" Sorry Mr Bupe but me and my boyfriend have to do something else and I need to introduce him to my family and friends " 

" You can start by introducing him to me"  a voice said behind me.

**** **

I love where the story is going hope you also do

~~~~

* edited *