Chapter 22

Mariana and Jack went back to her office and found Alex sitting on the sofa  with unreadable expression, did he even notice them? 

Mariana sat next to Alex and put one hand on his shoulder. 

"Alex"

" Your father was here" 

"Why didn't you call me? "

"There was no need for that"

" Did he give you a hard time? "

" Absolutely not" 

"What did he say?and what did he Ask you?and how did you respond" Mariana asked nervous. 

" He asked a lot of questions and I answered some of them" Alex turned around so he was facing her " I told him we met in Miami on your business trip and since then we felt an attraction towards each other I could not handle to stay away from you so I had to follow you here and now we live together like a happy couple " 

" And he believed that? " Jack asking this time. 

" Yes he did"

" Who would believe such a lame story "

"Edward" Alex said earning a chuckle from Mariana. 

" He will be coming over to your place tomorrow to pay us a visit "

" Oh my gosh, what are we going to do now, I knew my so called father would not believe us so now he wants proof "

" I will suggest you two move in together " Jack said Leaving Mariana and Alex shocked. 

" Why are you both looking at me? If you want Edward to believe the both of you , you just need to move in"

"When will be that"

" Now, you two should start preparing how you will settle things and how you will manage to live together "Mariana walked to where Jack was touching his forehead to check if he was sick or something. 

" Are you okay? " 

" What do you mean? "

" Alex I think something happened to Jack am sure he is not fine , did someone hit your head with a stick? "

" Cmon Mariana stop being dramatic "

" Am surprised, are you sure you want me to move in with Alex is it you speaking or-"

" Mariana am only letting the both of you stay together only for Edward and Emilio to see that's it"

" Wow okay"

****

" Welcome home I guess " Mariana said awkwardly. 

" Thank you , your apartment is surely nice, how come you don't stay with anyone or Jack "

" Well my sister and mom stay with Edward at the house while I stay here alone I would not even think about letting Jack stay with me although we are both best friends we prefer being alone and have our private moments at home "

" That's fair enough "

" Come upstairs I will show you your room "  Mariana led the way and took him to one of the room opposite hers. 

" So how is your room? Do you like it "

" Not what I expected it to be but it's great "

" So it's not to your liking? "

" No actually it's a bit too colorful I prefer dark rooms "

" Wow sorry though you won't be able to get a dark colored room all three rooms have the same color so you just have to deal with this " 

" I guess "

" I will let you take some rest then I will be down stairs "

" Okay I will have a shower first "

" Okay" Mariana left the room and went to hers she needed to take her bath too. She took a bath and wore plaid shorts and a black vest. 

Mariana walked down the stairs to the kitchen and stopped when she noticed Alex his back facing her , was he cooking? It looked like it. 

Mariana took a sit on the kitchen counter and got a banana in the fruit basket. 

" Does it take you this long to take a bath? " Alex asked still facing the other way. 

" No and I think this is the quickest bath I have taken in my entire life "  They both laughed to what she said. Alex turned around only to meet Mariana's brown eyes. 

*****

Mariana's POV

My mind was a mess, what was I seeing, it was fair enough I saw his back but the front was even much better . His black hair was still wet from the bath.  He wore a black tank top and a grey sweatpant. 

My eyes went to his side neck he had tattoos going all down his chest and hands, how come I didn't see them, well yeah because he usually wore smart shirts hiding all his tattoos. Who the hell was he.  

" Are you done staring? " His deep voice rang in my ears snapping me out from whatever I was thinking. 

" Well it's not like I was staring " I jumped down from the counter and stood beside him "so what are you cooking? "

" Pasta and beef"

" It smells nice hope it tastes good "

" It surely does "

" Here you go " He gave me one plate of the food  as I sat on the stool  and he sat right  beside me. 

" So boss I-"

" Alex sorry for stopping you but I would appreciate it if you stopped calling me boss if we want the plan to work just call me Mariana"

" Wow I thought you would never ask"

" Really so you were looking forward to it? "

" I won't lie yes, you might be my boss but I consider you my close friend so it  kind of feel weird when I call you boss. Can I call you by your initial 'M'? "

"But my name is Mariana"

"But Jack calls you that"

" Well fine, so what are we going to do to prove we are together and make it real, is it going to involve physical activity or.. " I really needed to know if we were going to reach that level. 

" If it is necessary "

" Great then I will have to go to bed, be prepared to meet my father tomorrow, goodnight sweetheart " I said running up the stairs "

" Good night to you too honey" I heard him say with a chuckle. 

**********

Did you guys enjoy the chapter,please leave a comment. Sending love to you all❤❤❤.   

* edited *