Chapter 37

Mariana's POV

Alexandra held my hand pulling me out of his office with him. Walking down the stairs I could hear gunshots coming from every angle. 

Jack walked passed  us when he gave Alexandra one last look before emerging into a yellow wolf followed by Jake who transformed into a dark  brown wolf both desapearing out of the door as Bupe was beside us with one gun in each hand. 

We walked out of the door my heart beating at a faster pace as more gunshots were heard this time even louder. Alexandra pushed me towards him pulling us down making both of us fall down. I looked behind me and saw a man laying down in blood I turned around and looked up, Bupe was the one who shot the man. 

I stood up when I realized one thing, I haven't seen my mom and Jane since morning and when the gunshots started. Alexandra held my hand stopping me before I could go back inside. 

" Alexandra my mom and Jane are still in there " I said as tears rolled down my cheeks. 

" Don't worry Mariana no one is inside there. Alec and Jake have gone to look for them at Dreake " Alexandra spoke in a low soft voice which meant my Alexandra was back to his normal self which made me glad but-

" How could you tell me not to worry if Jack and Jake are looking for them that means you don't even know where they are? " I could not help but let out more tears what if something happened to my mom or Jane I would never forgive myself am the one you brought them into all this. They would not be here if it wasn't for me  it's all my fault. 

Alexandra hugged me for a short while before pulling back and giving me a kiss on the forehead " Mariana this is not the time for all that we need to get out of here before Edward finds us I know Alec will find them trust in your best friend at least "

" Mariana Alexandra is right we need to go time is running " Bupe said for the first time after coming out here. I only nodded to them and Alexandra pulled me towards the forest as the three of us started running . 

" Where are you going? Are we not supposed to be at Dreake saving the people? Alexandra Blake don't tell me you're running away from your own pack and people when they need you the most " If that was the case then Alexandra was surely not a great leader because a leader would not leave his own people alone in a time like this . 

" No Mariana am not running away from my pack and people. Maureen is taking care of it most of the pack members are at the safe house so there is no one there " Alexandra sighed we were still running and I was getting tired we've been running for almost ten minutes and I didn't even know where Alexandra was taking me. 

I stopped in my tracks pulling my hand away from Alexandra's. Both men turned around and looked at me raising their eyebrows in confusion. 

" What? Why are you both looking at me like that am tired and won't be able to carry on. You guys can go on I will join you when I get my energy back " Alexandra frowned at me before losing focus and I knew he was mind linking someone. 

" Alec found your mom and Jane "   Alexandra said and that was the only thing I needed to hear to get my energy and strength back. I knew my best friend would do it and not let my family die because he also considered them his own family. 

" We need to hurry up and get there " I nodded and held Alexandra's hand into mine and started running again. 

Before we knew it. It was getting dark now. We all stood and what I was seeing was enough to make me collapse and fall right there and then but I wasn't going to do that my family was in danger and I would not let anything happen to any of them. 

My mom and Jane were kneeling down, their hands chained and men surrounding them. On the other side was Jake laying down on the dusty group all his glory exposed for everyone to see ' what a man' I thought to myself and regretted it as Alexandra was looking at me with daggers in his eyes. But most if his body was covered with blood and cuts. He was too weak to even move. That would still take time for his wounds to heal. 

On the other side was Jack still in his wolf form it's like he was not even touched with men surrounding him with guns ready to shoot if he dears to move. 

My eyes methe the man whO was doing all this. Edward looked at me with a smirk on his face besides him was Emilio and two more men who I have never seen before.