Chapter 24

Mariana's POV

I turned around and I saw Edward walking towards me accompanied by Emilio. Yeah I wonder why I always forget about this guy. The three of us looked at the new comers. 

" Mariana am your father and I didn't know about it, how come? "

" Sorry father-"

" Alpha Alexandra Blake nice to see you, How do you feel having Mariana for a mate? " My mind was a mess did Emilio just say 'Alpha and Mate' and he used the  name Alexandra Blake. 

" Apha Emilio, long time no see " Alex stretched his hand shaking Emilio's . What was up with this alpha thing. 

" Wow Mariana I sent you to Alexandra's company to make him our business partner but he turned out to be the opposite, children of these days"

What the hell was happening here the most well known business man Alexandra Blake was standing next to me. The stupid boss Alexandra is right on my side but how. 

" I can see you also brought your best friend here, You two are always together. Why didn't you make him your mate instead? " I had no time to respond to him. Alex punched Emilio on the cheek with such a blow he surely would have been down by now but he wasn't. It's like we drew attention cause all eyes were on us even the music stopped which was totally funny. 

Alex stared at Emilio with anger in his eyes, his hands clenched in fists ready to go at it, I wonder why all men always want to fight over silly things. 

I walked to Alex and hugged his arm " Hey babe, don't be upset he was only joking with you, it's too early for the party wanna meet my mom she will be happy to see you " I said trying to get away from the rest. 

" But you haven't introduced him to me yet Mariana " Edward said his voice making me more sick. 

" I believe seeing him like this is enough for you, we will still be around if you need us you can look for us as for now, we will excuse ourselves " I said walking away from Edward, Emilio and Bupe. 

 " Thank you for taking me out of there" Alex said after we were out of crowd and was up in the hallway. I wanted to shout at him and let go of his arm but my body refused to listen instead I was stuck to him like a magnet. 

My mom walked towards us with a smile planted on her face " You have a lot to explain to me " I said letting go of his arm. 

I hugged my mom and gave her a sweet kiss on the cheek " Wow Mariana you look beautiful. You got a new look,long hair really looks great on you but I miss your short hair "

" Haha thanks mom"

" Mind introducing me to the gentleman behind you" She said pointing at Alex. 

" Mom meet my boyfriend Alex Hunter and Alex meet my mom"

" Nice to meet you ma'am "  They both gave each other a hug and pulled away. 

" I have to get going see you guys later "

"Mom where are you going? "

" Am going to look for Jane she had a fight with Jack earlier today, she's being moody let me just check on her"

" Was Jack here? "

" Yes he left before the party started"

. Jack said he left the country yesterday and would be back in the coming week. What was up with everyone lying to me and acting weird. 

I wonder what was happening with Jack and Jane they used to be close but it's like they distanced themselves from each other or should I say Jack distanced himself from Jane since then they don't talk to each other like they used to. 

****

The party went on the entire time I only spent my time with Jane and my mom forgetting about Edward, Alex Emilio and Bupe. 

We came back from the party at midnight and I was so tired but still could not sleep because of everything that happened at the party I know it's late but I needed an explanation and answers and Alex had them all. 

I got out of bed and walked to his room I was about to knock when I heard him speak.

(" What do you mean the pack was attacked by rogues. They were a lot of warriors at the boarders and-" ) did he just say attack.I have never heard him this upset something was surely wrong.It became silent I thought I should knock now but thought I should listen more and maybe I can figure out something. 

(" Who handled it... Alec was there that means his in my pack... Let me know when something comes up update me... I will come back as soon as I can for now let Alec handle everything ") 

So that was it. The door was pulled open and a shirtless Alex came out or should I say Alexandra with only his boxers that's gross actually no it wasn't he looked hot but I was not here to admire him I needed answers. 

" Where you  listening to my conversation "

" No I wasn't why should i it does not concern me and I have a lot of things to do rather than doing such things " 

" So what are you doing here "

" This is my house and I can be anywhere I want including this room " I pushed him aside and walked in the room it was completely dark who would manage to sleep in such a dark room I could not even see a thing. 

The room was creepy and scary. Two arms wrapped around my waist and his head rested on my shoulder. 

" Am sorry I lied to you" He said in his deep voice full of hurt, guilt and regret. 

" But why did you do that for what reason. Did you enjoy lying to me  or what? You played me so well. Who the hell are you? " I said pushing him away from me and looking at him it was pointless because we could not see each other in the dark.  

~~~~

* edited *

Werewolves truly exist ( Editing)जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें