Chapter 10

An hour passed and Alexandra still didn't show up, that was a sign of disrespect. The fact that Mariana and Jack came all the way from Zambia to Miami just for Alexandra not to show up it was unacceptable. 

Bupe walked in the office and found Mariana pacing back and forth  while Jack sat on the sofa with his legs crossed together. Bupe tried to apologize for what happened and why Alexandra was not yet there but Mariana was not having it. 

"What do you think of us? Huh? Tell me?  This total disrespect we came all the way here just for your stupid boss to not show up, what do you take us for? "  Mariana was so upset as her chest raised going up and down with her hands clutched into fists. 

"I'm sorry ma'am but he could not come because he had important things to do so if you don't mind we can reorganize the meeting again and  fix all the misunderstanding" Bupe said in a kind but official tone. 

"What bullshit! " Mariana shouted getting more upset as her eyes were filled with rage "what do you mean he had important things to do? Is this how you treat people? And does that mean what his doing is more important than us? Are we so stupid for coming here? And why didn't he tell us he would be busy doing something important and won't be available instead of me wasting my money and energy coming here" Mariana said in one goal not giving Bupe a chance to speak as Jack smirked on the other side. 

"Ma'am-" 

"Don't ma'am me" Mariana cut Bupe off before he could finish his sentence " Jack it looks like our business is done here let's go" Mariana looked at Jack who was showing no sign of standing up making Mariana frown. 

Jack sighed and stood up from his sit. He put his hands in both of his pockets and looked at Bupe "well then we will get going it was nice meeting you and I hope we will meet again tell Alexandra the same" With that Jack left leaving Mariana and Bupe alone. 

"And tell your stupid boss that if he wants this deal done he will come for me to Zambia" Mariana said and slammed the door  behind her. 

****

Mariana and Jack where in Mariana's room as he watched her pack her clothes in her suitcase. 

" Mariana you sure you want to get back home without finalizing the deal? "

"Yes Jack besides I told them to follow us to Zambia if they want to continue with the deal if not then the stupid boss Alexandra can go to hell"

Jack stood up and walked to where Mariana was,hugging her from behind as he put his head at the corner of her neck making Mariana close her eyes " Jack " Mariana said in a shaky voice. 

"Don't worry I won't do anything to you I just want you to calm down and think things through so calm down" Jack said in a husky voice. Jack only let go of Mariana when she finally relaxed and her breathing was back to normal. 

Jack turned Mariana to face him as he spoke " You know it won't be possible to fly back to Zambia right now and we just came back from the company so let's relax and cool our minds " Mariana nodded and sat down on the bed and Jack sat right beside her. 

"So wanna go for a ride? " Jack asked hoping Mariana will say yes after everything that happened. 

"Sorry wish I could but I planned to go to the house today and spend the day there, as it has been long since I have been there"

"Okay if you say so see you later" Jack said and gave Mariana a kiss on the forehead and walked out of the room. 

****

Mariana finally reached her destination after a three hour drive. It was a single-story house which was located in the forest far away from the city. 

Mariana walked in the house, it was beautiful and clean just like always

Mariana walked in the house, it was beautiful and clean just like always. Mariana treasured this house although she didn't come to the house she put someone in charge of taking care of it so it would always be cleaned as she had a lot of memories she had in the house. 

Mariana smiled at herself when she saw a photo that included her mother, father, young sister and herself. 

It was not the first time  for Mariana to visit the USA when she was a child her father brought them for a family vacation but Mariana and her father were the only ones who knew about the house as she grew older and met Jack she took him to the house and that made it only three people who knew about the house. 

Mariana sat down on the floor as she let her tears drop down when she remembered all the happy moments she created with her father. 

Mariana cried her heart out when sleep caught her off guard and by the time she was waking up it was already dark outside  and found a lot of missed calls from Jack. 

Mariana sighed and stood up, she headed to her car as she was about to get in she heard something move behind her from the trees. 

Mariana turned around nervously and met  icy blue eyes. Mariana was left speechless with her mouth wide open, it was a wolf. 

~~~~

* edited *