Chapter 18

Mariana's POV

I can't get off the feeling that I know him ever since I saw him. Alex reminds me of someone but I don't know who. 

I cleared my throat and called out to him awkwardly " Alex" I said after gaining back my confidence. 

" I thought you would not say a thing and continue standing there like a statue" Alex's deep voice sounded in my ears. 

He turned around his blue icy eyes meeting my brown big eyes filled with tears. Alex looked at me confused and speechless and I knew he thought he did something wrong. Alex walked to where I was standing and cupped my cheeks in his hands . 

" Ma'am what's wrong? Did I do something bad to make you cry? ".

I lifted my hands and put them on his which were holding my cheeks and looked deep in his eyes as more tears fell down " Am sorry "

Alex was confused by the sudden apology but still spoke " Why are you apologising? " 

"Because of what happened minutes ago"

"Sorry am kinda taken aback about all this. Where is all this heading? "

" Don't act dumb Alex, you know what am talking about. Me and Jack kissing each other and-" 

"And I don't want to know" 

" But I still want to tell you " I dragged Alex and made him seat on the sofa while I sat right besides him. 

" Well me and Jack are not in a relationship. He is my best friend and-"

"Assistant I know"

" Alex can you stop cutting me off and let me explain I  will surely appreciate it "

"Sorry you can continue I won't chirp in till you are done speaking" 

"Thank you... Well all this started at the beach house in Miami a few weeks ago for a business trip. When we first made out at the beach it felt great to be kissed by a guy and to add it all up because I have always liked him since high school. We made out twice or so then it became normal he satisfy me and I satisfy him and that's it nothing more to it"

"So if I could ask why are you telling me? "

" Nothing special actually because I want you to know and you remind me of Majesty " It all made sense that I followed him up here to his office and explain all that crap to him because he reminded me of Majesty. Their eyes complete looked the same. 

"So who is this Majesty? "

" Well don't laugh when I tell you cause Jack did and called me crazy"

"I won't I promise"

" He is a wolf and a friend of mine "

"What? "

"Yes he is big, has black fur and icy blue eyes like yours"

"Wow I can't believe you already met one while I didn't"

" So you believe me? "

"Kind of. When I was coming back from a club last night and I saw a creature pass by my car. I didn't see it clearly at first but when I got out of the car I saw it from the distance I could not believe it either and it ran away before I could go closer" 

"Wow you serious. What if we both figure out about all this" 

" Count me in " 

They are no wolves in Zambia and if Alex had to tell someone else they would surely laugh but i witnessed it so I  believed him. 

Me and Alex kept chatting the awkwardness going away. 

~~~~

The chapter was short but great, right? 

* edited*