The phone call

(a/n so keep in mind this is written on my phone. I'm in the hospital but still trying to write this story the best I can. So there might be some errors)

Pick up, pick up, please. I pace my Hotel room while I wait for Selena to pick up my call. I'm in desperate need to talk to her, to talk to anyone. The guy, Travis, who gave me his number is wrecking my brain. I don't know if I should call him or just pretend I never got it. I could do that, But there is a nagging feeling that wants to see What he is like.

No one has ever done something that creative, out of the ordinary, to get my attention. it's usually the same shit that repeats itself. They buy me a drink, make conversation at an event, etc. Never something out of the ordinary like this.

Thank fuck she finally picks up. "Hi, what's up?" she asks and I let out a sigh before telling her everything.

"So no, I have no clue as to what to do. Do I call him? See what he is all about? Or do I do the safe thing and ignore him?" I've ranted for at least ten minutes, but she is patiently listening to my rant.

"Take a breath, Taylor. First, let me ask you if you're over Joe. Like, completely over him. Because if you are there is nothing wrong with seeing what's out there" she says.

Thinking about it there is no doubt I'm over Joe. It was just not working over the last year, it was almost a relief when It ended. Not that I appreciate the cheating part, but it was time that we went our separate ways. Sometimes you don't realize it until after it's over, that it was doomed to end. So no, I'm not hung up on him, not anymore. There is only frustration left from staying as long as I did, to begin with. I should have left sooner.

"So then take the plunge and call him. It's only a phone call, you're not accepting a marriage proposal. Just call and see what he is like" she argues and I'm starting to lean toward her being right.

A call can't hurt, right? It's after all not something more serious than that. It could turn out that he is a jackass over the phone and I can just hang up.

"Okay, I think you're right. I'll call him"

Okay I know I told Selena I would call him, but damn it's harder than I thought to do it. What if this is a terrible mistake? Who knows how things go with someone you don't know? But there is a nagging feeling that need to talk to him

But I'm not stupid, calling him will mean that he has my number, so I am a little nervous about that. It's such a hassle if it gets out there and I need to change it again. But I think I need to call Tree as well, just to make sure I'm not crazy for doing this. If she says it's a horrible idea security wise I don't know what to do.

-Travis's pov-

I try to not get my hopes up too much, so I'm tidying my living room. It doesn't need tidying, though I'm pretty neat for the most part. I'm not one of the messy guys, other than my locker at the stadium. I rival my brother in terms of messiness there, but he is worse of course. I'm not the one doing the cleaning, my wonderful cleaning worker does that, but I still pick up after myself and all that around the house.

Not being able to stand the quiet any longer I call my brother Jason to catch up. More like distracting me from thinking about a certain blond woman.

"What's up? How are things over there? Did you enjoy the show?" he says right after picking up. "Hi, things are fine. The show was amazing, I've never seen anything like it. And I gave the bracelet to someone who would give it to her"

Part of me is a little nervous that the guy Taylor didn't give her the bracelet. I mean he doesn't know me and might just be fighting off anyone. Who knows. I don't know the dude. He was there with his wife so chances are he isn't interested in her anymore. I being way too creepy did look up how long ago were together online, and it has been over 13 years. Not to mention that he is married, so that is good for me.

"You gave it to someone?" he asks and I tell him who which makes him burst out laughing. "You gave it to her ex? That's hilarious" The laughing goes on and on, and my cheeks heat up. Yeah, it might not have been the coolest move on my part, but it was the only way to get it to her. And I was not about to give up when I came that far. If nothing else I know I did what I could.

"Man, I don't like your odds here. She is Taylor Swift. I love you but you gotta be real" he says and I rub my hand down my face. Of course, I know the Odds aren't with me on this one. She is Taylor fucking Swift, but I got to take a shot at it. I've had a crush on her for a long time, and she is single so there is no harm in trying to make contact.

"I know but I gotta try" I sigh. I'm a persistent guy, I like to see things through to the end. The end here might come sooner than I would like but at least I've tried.

-Taylors pov -

Okay, I'm doing it. I'm calling him. It could blow up in my face, But hey at least I tried right? I am putting myself out there to talk with a stranger, but hey it's a step in the right direction to move on with my life. I'm going to call him and get a feel for who he is. That's all. I can hang up any time I want to if he is a creep.
It only takes two rings before he picks up and I hold my breath "Hi it's Travis" his voice is light but deep at the same time.

"Uh Hi, this is Taylor" I squeak out before letting out a nervous chuckle. Yeah, I come off sounding like an idiot, that's for sure. He is going to think I'm some weirdo. I don't remember the last time I was this nervous.

"Fuck— u mean-— shit—- so sorry. I just can't believe you called me. Hi," Thank God he sounds just as nervous as I am because I am mortified by my awkwardness. I need to be cool, show a stable front, and not be a hot mess.

"Was a little unsure for a minute, but I had to call when you gave me a bracelet with your number. It was adorable" I was unsure since Tree was a little hesitant. But I knew that the nagging feeling wouldn't have gone away without at least having one conversation with him.

"Well, I'm happy I lucked out then. "What's up?" he says "Bored in my hotel room I have another show tomorrow so I need to take it easy, how about you? Any plans tonight" I say as I sit down on my bed.

My suite is the biggest at the hotel, totally not necessary but people insisted and I didn't want to argue with them. It's nice though, I have plenty of space to enjoy. Not that I spend too much time here but anyway.

"Nah no plans here. I'm still on cloud nine from your show tho, though it was amazing I just need to say that. But I was tidying before you called, trying to keep it cool while I wondered if you would" he is honest, I like that. The fact that he admitted to being nervous isn't forgotten, that's for sure.

The conversation flows like it's natural once we get more into it. He seems so... genuine. I think so. He seems genuinely excited to talk to me, but not in a frenzy fan way. He seems more interested in getting to know who I am, not who is talked about in the media, And I like that. I like it when people are genuine because in the industry that can be hard to find. There are so many fake people out there, that it's hard to know who to trust.

I am however excited about possibly getting to know him. Because with one conversation I already want to talk more with him. I want to know who he is outside of football and what everyone else knows. There is always a private side to people in the spotlight. And I have a feeling my time won't be wasted by talking to Travis.