Taylors parents

-Taylors pov-

My parents Are meeting Travis for the first time today and I'm terrified. Not of them not liking him, but of them thinking this between us is moving fast. It is but that doesn't mean it's too fast right? Is that even a thing? Too fast? Because that really should be given on a situation-by-situation basis. There can't be some universal power that sits there and decides that my relationship is moving too fast, fuck that. Travis makes me happy and satisfies my cravings for cuddles, his body, or mint chocolate chip strawberry milk combinations at all hours of the day. If that isn't perfection, I don't know what is.  Travis is like me going to the ice cream-making place where I could pick out all the different ingredients I like and make the perfect Travis. He was made just the way to fit me. Hopefully, it's mutual, he says, but I'm reserving judgment on the matter for now. He is the perfect mixture of mint chocolate chip and strawberries. Perfection.

Me on the other hand? I'm a passenger on the hot mess express riding straight into the sunset or some crap like that. My boobs ache, I have to wear a pantie liner for the slimy shit and my belly is growing. It's not obvious that I'm pregnant if I'm not naked, but when I am it is blatantly obvious.

"Beautiful, they are here," Travis says as he comes into what turned into my music room. I have several guitars and a Steinway Grand piano in the smack center. I've had some stuff from my other homes shipped here, so we could mix and match his stuff with mine throughout the house. In my music room, I have three of my Grammys, the AOTY ones because I like to keep those together. Used to keep them in London but that ship sailed what seems like a lifetime ago.

I take Travis's hand and together we head for the door just as my parents ring the bell. "Hi Mom, dad" I let them in before hugging them "This is Travis. Travis this is my mom and dad".

"It's nice to meet you both Mr and Mrs Swift," Travis says as he shakes their hands.

"Oh, come here," my mom says and brings him in for a hug "Call me Andrea," she says, and my dad does something similar except the hug. But being the emotional mess I am start crying at the cute display in front of me.

All eyes turn to me and immediately Travis brings me into his arms "Beautiful, what's wrong?" he says and caresses my head just like he does when we are alone. Being in his arms is like being wrapped in a strong confident teddy bear. It's comfort, home.  Especially when said bodies are naked. 

"That was so sweet" I sniffle and all three of them chuckle reminding me that they are still there. 

The four of us settle into the living room where the men get to talking about football. My dad originally played line back in college then turned center. He loves to talk Football, so this is perfect. Especially because I hardly understand most of the stuff they are talking about. I know the basic shit, but everything else I need to be spoon feed over and over because I keep forgetting.

I'm next to Travis, who has his arm around me as he talks to my father and my mom is across from me. "So you want to get that blood work done you talked about?" she asks, and I nod "The more I can know I want to know. It's noninvasive which is good. No risk for any of us but it's good if something is wrong with one of them. I think being informed is important when we have the money to do the test" It is an expensive one that's not covered by insurance, but we have the means to do it anyway, so we are.

It will be able to tell us the gender as well, which is cool. I don't care what it is tho, as long as they are healthy and happy, I'm fine. Travis hasn't expressed a preference either so we might be on the same page. 

My mom and I leave the men and go to the kitchen to make some lunch. Travis offered to make it, but I think it was my mom's subtle way of getting me alone. I'm worried she won't like him because I do, and I would want their support.

"The way he looks at you, Taylor. I've never seen that from anyone from your past," she starts, and I hold my breath for what comes next "but I am a little worried it's moving too fast. I don't want the honeymoon phase to be over and then things turn sour."

My mom is always the voice of reason, but she doesn't know the full picture. I've never felt like this before, ever. Sure, I've been in love, but it was more with the idea of loving someone than what I have now with Travis. It's been moving fast, but it's not in a bad way.

"Don't worry Mom. Sure, things are going a little fast, but it also feels so right you know? Like I know we were thrown into it with the parenting thing now, but damn he is everything I never knew I needed." Fast and bad aren't equal. Some of the best things in life happen by accidentally falling into something. Then it's all about hard work to keep it.

"If you're happy then me and your dad are there for you all the way. We just worry after what went down with Joe that you could be in that situation ever again. You deserve better than that. If that's Travis, then I'm happy for the both of you" She hugs me, and we start to make lunch for the four of us. 

My parents have always been extremely supportive of me and anything I do. They might have some criticism from time to time, but never not constructive or ever unwarranted. Even when my dad was against me speaking out politically, he respected my choices when he didn't agree with them. I am an adult after all. 

"I am. No need to worry Mom. I've never felt like this before" I say.

After making lunch the four of us settle around the sodden dining table. It's one of the new furniture pieces we picked out for the house, and I love it. It's big, sturdy, and can both be formalized and casual. It took a while to pick out the furniture, but it was worth it because I love how things are so far.

Before we start to eat Travis excuses himself and make a quick round trip to the fridge to get the liquid gold. "For you" he says and pour it into a glass for me and I thank him with a peck on the cheek.

I am not ashamed of PDA around my parents, they are just happy I'm happy. For the time I was with Joe I had to hide all the time, and I don't want to feel that looming over my head ever again. Private but open can live at the same time. I don't need to sneak around but I don't need to share private details of our relationship either.

When people found out I was scared about the potential backlash, which hasn't really been a problem. Some online aren't too happy, some just because it's not my ex-friend Karlie I'm with and would dislike anyone else, others because they don't have better things to do. I'm not going to live my life based on what people might think of my relationship. That certainly won't leave me particularly happy that's for sure.