baby just say yes

-Travis Pov-

Taylor has been in Nashville for a meeting with her management team, so I'm home alone with the twins. Thankfully the nanny has been here during the day while I've been at practice but for the most part, it's been daddy taking care of them. It's still weird, knowing I'm a daddy to two beautiful little kiddos. They are everything I didn't know I needed.

"dada," Maddie says as she hands me yet another doll to dress and an outfit. She loves getting us to dress her dolls and then take the clothes off again. "wow such a pretty Elsa dress. Good choice Maddie" I tell her as I start to dress the doll in a pale blue Elsa dress.

Looking at the kids I can't help but think about the future, of them growing up. I don't know what kind of people they are going to be yet; it's going to be a surprise that's for sure. But we have a little inkling with how outward Maddie is and inward Avery is that their personalities are going to tilt those ways.

My phone goes off with a FaceTime call from Jason, so I pick it up. "hi man" I say and there is shrieking in the background on his end.

"yes Wyatt, I'm talking to Uncle Travy," my brother says with a sigh before handing the phone to their little girl. "hi Uncle Travy"

"hi, Wyatt. It's good to see you" I smile at her. She is constantly growing and it's terrifying to know that's going to be my own kids too, they are growing. What if they turn into bullies? Or get bullied themselves? What if they turn out to be the queen B of the school with all the people at their feet? What if they are really talented at sports? Who knows where the road is going to take us? I know Jason freaks about this a lot, and now I get it.

I talk with Wyatt for a little before Jason takes back the phone. "I swear to god I can't do anything around this house without them hanging on me" he mutters, and I laugh. "that's parenthood, Jason."

"did you ask her yet, or did you chicken out again?" my brother asks, and I groan knowing exactly what he is referring to. "I did not chicken out. it was just not the right moment."

"yeah, keep telling yourself that. you chickened out" he laughs, and I sigh. There is no arguing with my brother, especially in this carefree mood. And he might be a little right, I chickened out just a little bit.

"It wasn't the right moment, Jason. It has to be the right moment you know. Special or whatever" Running a hand down my face I stand up and hand Maddie back her doll all dressed up.

"it doesn't have to be special; it just has to be right. When the situation is right anything can be special. You love her and she loves you. That right there is special enough" he points out and I know he is right. There is never going to be a moment that's exactly how I imagined it, I just need to find a quiet moment between us and do it. it isn't that hard right, my brother did it of all people, and look at him, happily married. If he can do it, I can.

"I'll do it tonight, after the kids are put to bed and she is back I'll do it. why wait" I decide. The ring box burns in my pocket, I've been carrying it around for a while now and I'm pleasantly surprised Taylor hasn't noticed. That would have led to a prompt question, certainly not what I had planned.

"don't chicken out again. Make that woman our sister-in-law officially" is the last thing Jason says before hanging up and I'm determined to do it today. I'm going to ask her to marry me.

**

I've put the kids to bed and anxiously wait for Taylor to get home from her trip. She was only gone for a day, but it feels like an eternity whenever I'm without her. Her being on tour was brutal for me, it was really hard at times to be away from my three favorite people, but we did it and now she isn't touring anytime soon. We got through something hard in one piece, still a family.

I've been thinking about our future a lot, that's why I'm doing this. I know that I want to spend the rest of my life with her, and we aren't getting any younger. It's time to make these decisions, take these stands, and solidify this family we are building together. what this family will look like I don't know, I don't know if we are done having kids yet. It feels like there is something missing, but exactly what I don't know. That's something we need to get on talking about because if we want more biological kids the time is ticking for that as Taylor gets older. Not that she is old, but we all know how biology and fertility work. The older you get the harder it is to get pregnant and have a healthy pregnancy.

But I don't know, we haven't decided anything. For now, we have been living in the moment, taking things day by day. But I want forever, I want roots and commitments. That's why I'm going to ask her to marry me, to be my forever. It sounds so cheesy, like a chick flick or something, but I can't help the way I feel.

-Taylors Pov-

I'm exhausted by the time I get to the house and I'm ready to climb into bed. thankfully the kids are old enough to be in their own rooms so we can get some peace and quiet at night. My good kiddos mostly sleep through the night now and I--- I stop my train of thought when I step into the house, and I'm met with an aisle of lights and white roses everywhere.

The whole entryway is lit up by a gentle glow and it smells amazing in here, probably from all the roses. "Travis?" I nervously call for him, what has he been doing today? What did I do to deserve something like this?

"come find me beautiful" I hear him call for me, so I take off my jacket and shoes before following the aisle of burning lights. I'm not surprised when it takes me to the living room, but I am surprised by what else I see. The whole room is filled with burning lights and roses, and there in the middle of the room, Travis stands in all his glory in a tux.

"Travis what is this" I choke on my words because I have an idea about what this is, what this moment is going to turn into.

"come here and I'll tell you beautiful," he says and holds out a hand for me to take. Careful not to step on any of the lights or roses I head over to him and take his hand in mine. standing in front of him I really take him in. he doesn't dress in tuxes that often, but damn when he does, he really pulls it off. My man is hot as hell.

"Taylor, I love you, you know that," he says and chokes on his words and moisture gathers in his eyes making me cry as well. "you're everything, and you've given me everything I could ever want. This little family we have is what I never knew I needed but couldn't possibly live without. Before you, there was an empty spot in my life, someone missing that I hadn't met yet, a missing puzzle piece. But then I meet you and you slid right in like you were always meant to be there" he reaches up and wipes both our tears away but there is probably no use because they keep coming.

I always hoped this moment would come, that we could be a real family, but he caught me totally off guard today. My man knows how to surprise me. I thought maybe when I finished tour, my birthday, New Year's Eve, or even on Christmas Eve, but no he is doing it right now.

"I think you know where this is going my love. it's been a long time coming and I want to call you mine forever. I want to say yeah that's my wife, I want to have you permanently engraved in my family. I want to call you Mrs. Kelce because you became my family the second, we first met" he has prepared this whole speech and I'm speechless.

"so Taylor Alison swift, beautiful, will you marry me" he finally asks, and I burst into sobs.