his parents

-taylors pov-

Yesterday was heaven. After our first round in bed we went again and again, and took breaks to just talk and eat naked in bed. At times I got a bit self conscious, but he made me feel beautiful with his words and caresses, so I managed just fine after that.

Ive been awake for a few minutes, but I don't want to move from being wrapped in his big arms. He is spooning me from behind, and we are still just as naked as last night. Feeling his skin against mine is like I'm on cloud nine. He is firm yet has the softest skin I've felt. His contradicting pieces makes him up into someone I am dying to discover every little piece of.

"I can hear you thinking" he mumbles from behind me and tugs me closer if that's even possible. "Good morning beautiful" he kisses the spot between my neck and shoulder, a sensitive spot that sends tingles straight to my belly. "Good morning, babe" I say back.

He always calls me beautiful, so I need to figure out what to call him. Babe seems cute to me, natural. "so I'm babe now huh? Staking your claim? I like it" I don't need to see him to know he is grinning.

"I need to figure out something cute to call you back. And you bet your ass I'm staking my claim. When people find out they will crucify me for snagging the NFLs most eligible bachelor from under them"He has to have offers from girls from left and right. Someone like him, so kind and so talented, as well as handsome as fuck, there is always a line waiting for their shot. So you bet your ass I'm writing "mine" in big letters all over him the first shot I get.

"you're cute. And I'm all yours."

We stay in bed for a little while longer until we hear the front door open downstairs "travis? Im here with your dad" someone, I presume his mother yells through the house making me freeze. We are naked in bed, and I was seriously considering another round of sex, but now I'm going to meet his parents instead.

"oh fuck. They didn't tell me they were coming over. We need to get down there asap before my parent's bite each-others heads off" he says and slip out of bed to yell down to them that we will be down shortly.

"Your parents? Im meeting your parents?" my eyes widen, but there is no way around it. So I get out of bed too and try to make myself presentable. Thank god we brought my bags up here between rounds last night, so I have fresh clothes to wear.

"yeah, they have been dying to meet you. But I didn't tell them to come here today tho, believe me in that" he says and rub the back of his neck as he stand there gloriously naked and brushing his teeth. I cant get enough of looking at him, he is all man that's for sure.

I slip on a dress, some light makeup and quickly fix my hair. Thank God I have practice in getting ready quickly. It only takes us about 15 minutes to be presentable enough to go downstairs. So he grabs my hand, intertwine our fingers, and lead me down to meet them.

The nerves are there, because parents' approval is a big deal. A relationship won't last unless it has that, there is no way to make it work without the parents' approval. He is a family-oriented guy, and I don't want to do anything for them not liking me. Call me approval seeking or whatever, but I don't mind. I want my boyfriends' parents to like me, that's hardly a crime in my eyes. But I guess we will see what happens in a few moments.

I take a deep breath and plaster a smile on my face as we round the corner. We are immediately meet with his parents, and I hold my breath waiting for the disapproval.

"Oh hello, you must be taylor, it's so nice to meet you. I'm donna" his mom says as she comes towards me "it's nice to meet you mrs kelce" I say and offer my hand to shake, which she ignores and goes in for a hug instead.

"Call me donna honey, everyone does" her hug is warm, and arms secure. It's like being wrapped in a security blanket you don't want to lose. I get a similar greeting from his dad, who told me to call him Ed. They're a family of huggers, I think.

I am worried about what they think of me, because I'm basically putting their son in a situation where the public is going to scrutinize everything about him and his family when it gets out, we are together. There is nothing I can do to prevent that from happening, it's part of the life I chose all those years ago. I understand why they would be hesitant to accept me, and us together, because of the risks that comes along with it. The security issues are a real hassle that's for sure. And I don't want the people travis loves to resent me because of the media stuff.

Travis snakes his arms around me from behind and I cant help but lean into him. He makes me feel safe, and that's something I desperately need in my life. I think I need him, which is scary. I hate to rely on other people that myself because it leaves me so vulnerable to get hurt. If you grow to need someone, and then you lose them, you are lost. That's one of the reasons why I stayed with joe for so long, because I grew to need him and didn't know what to do if I was alone.

"I'm so happy you guys get to meet my girl. She is pretty incredible" he tells his parents and I blush. He is the incredible one, not me. Im just little old taylor, nothing special. Sure I am successful, but as a person I don't know If I stand out. There are so many incredible people out there, so why should I be so special? Im not.

"we had to drop by when you told us she was going to be here. We had to meet the woman that's making our son so happy" ed says and I blush. Do I make him happy? I hope so, because he makes me happy. Whenever I get a text or call I cant help but smile even if I am in a bad mood. "thanks, its nice to meet you guys" I say back.

They had brought dinner with them from a Italian place nearby, so we settle around the dinner-table to eat. Its pasta carbonara, which I love, especially with lots of parmesan. "We didn't know what you liked, so we went with one of Travis's favorite dishes. Hope that's okay" his mom says, and I nod "I happen to love carbonara, so this is perfect, thank you.

Trough out dinner his parents bicker a bit, apparently the divorce was messy, but they are amicable because of the kids and grandkids. All three of them have a good sense of humor, I don't think if I have laughed this much in forever. His parents are so much fun, and the way they talk about their family warms my heart. It seems like they are just as family oriented as my own family, which makes me really happy. Family is one of the most important things in my life, and it seems like the whole kelce family feel the same way.

Eventually they leave tho, and I snuggle into Travis's arms on the couch. I can calm my mind and body when he holds me close, its much needed. "I adore your parents; they are so nice and welcoming" I say.

"I'm happy they like you, but I'm not surprised. There is nothing about you I don't like" he says and kiss the side of my neck where his head has been tucked into. "and my brother, his wife and their kids are going to adore you as well" he adds. They live hours away from travis, but they talk all the time and try to make it work anyway. I haven't spoken to any of them yet, but from what travis tells me they are wonderful people.

Im excited to see what comes next for us, because I have a feeling we are both in this for the long haul.

**

A/N just so you guys know, I try to update as often as I can, but I haven't been feeling too well. Im still in hospital, so I can't always update every day. Hope you guys understand. I also know this one is shorter, but it's all I could manage to write today.