wedding part 1

-Taylors Pov-

As a little girl, I always imagined my wedding day, the flowers, the dress, and how everyone I love was watching me marry a prince. I liked to play weddings with my Barbie dolls and dream up scenarios of happily ever after just like I saw in the princess movies.

Now I'm here on my own wedding day and can't wait to marry the love of my life and get my own happily ever after. It might not be the way I planned it, the way I dreamed of, but it's still a fairytale to find the person you want to spend the rest of your life with. It's not something everyone is lucky enough to find, but I did.

I kissed many frogs to get to this place until the frog turned into a prince. My heart has been broken, crushed, and stomped on, but it's all worth it because it brought me here. every heartache hurt but taught me something about myself, my worth, and what I want for the future. It may have hurt in the moment but looking at it in the review mirror I can see that it all brought me here. without heartache, I wouldn't know what I wanted, or what was important to me.

"oh honey, you're gorgeous" my mom gushes as she watches the hair and makeup people get me ready for the ceremony. All the girls are gathered in my bedroom helping me get ready for the wedding ceremony. We are taking a limo to the church after I'm finished, and my dad is walking me down the aisle towards Travis. Travis is off at the Mahomes house getting ready, he spent the night there. It's bad luck to see the bride before the wedding after all.

"Thanks, mom. I feel that way too" Everyone gushing and fawning over me makes me feel like the princess I dreamed of when I was little.

On the other side of the room, Donna is trying to pry Maddie into her dress, which isn't easy today as she has decided to have a tantrum. You can never predict the behavior of a toddler; you just need to take it in strides at any given moment. I hope Travis is having an easier time with Avery, he probably is. The twins are so different so I wouldn't be surprised if getting him into a suit was an easier task.

"come on Maddie, you get to wear a pretty dress the same as me" Elena tries to coerce Maddie to cooperate. "Elena dress" Maddie whimpers with her tearful eyes after throwing one of her biggest tantrums.

"yes, the same dress as Elena. You're going to be so pretty, and you get to throw rose petals for your mommy and daddy" Donna says.

Together the two of them manage to get Maddie into her dress and shoes, but it takes a while. What is a wedding without a little drama right? Not everything can go perfectly, especially with toddlers running around.

"I can't believe you're finally getting married," my childhood best friend Abigail says and dries one of her tears. We have been best friends since I moved to Nashville, and we met during my first-class freshman year. It only took one look, and we were locked together in life. I don't spend much time in Nashville anymore, it hasn't been my home base in years, but we still keep in touch. if a friendship really means a lot to you, you find a way to make it work long distance. If it fizzles out it was never really worth keeping around anyway.

"it took a while, but I found my man" I grin at her before letting the hair and makeup people continue their work. We are almost done with my look and I'm loving it so far. We didn't have time for a trial run before the big day, there just wasn't time for it, but we made it work anyway. I've worked with these people for so many years that they know what I like and what works for my skin and hair type.

After we are done with hair and makeup, I slip into the wedding dress and love how it hugs my body in the right places. "wow that's pretty" Elena gasps and I smile at her "I love it" I say.

There is a big mirror in my closet, so I stand in front of it and take a look at myself. sometimes I don't like the way I look, especially after giving birth. My boobs are sagging more, I have a scar from the C-section, cellulite on my thighs and ass and my hips are wider than they used to be. But right now I love what I see in the mirror. Everyone helping me has done an amazing job and I feel like the princess I dreamed of when I was a little girl.

"Honey we need to get going if we are going to make it to the church in time," my mom says and we all head out to the cars waiting outside. Some people already left, and I'm in a limo with my mom, Donna, and my two girls. "Mommy princess" Maddie sighs and I smile at my little girl.

"you're the princess missy. Mommy just likes to dress up" I smile at her "You and Elena are my princesses, I'm just playing pretend" I want to include Elena, I always try to do that to make her feel like she is a part of the family.

-Travis pov –

I'm at the church waiting for Taylor as the room starts to fill with those closest to us. It's wonderful to see how many people dropped everything to be here with us, it means everything.

Avery and Jacob are in matching suits next to me. we decided we wouldn't have a wedding party other than our children for this wedding, and rather save that for the bigger one. This is so last minute, and it feels right to do this with just our kids beside us.

"you two look handsome," I say and tickle Avery under his chin making him laugh. Jacob was surprised I asked him to stand up with me but beamed when he realized I was serious about it. Of course I want him by my side if I'm having Avery here, it's only right. It's probably going to take a while before he and Elena fully understand that they are our kids too, but we are patient with them. It takes the time it takes. I'm in no rush, they get the time they need.

"Daddy? Mommy" Avery asks for his mom. "they will be here soon. Then mommy and daddy are going to get married" he has no concept about what marriage is, he is two. Jacob on the other hand is ten and understands more about it, he seems excited about being here. Avery was thankfully easy to get into his suit this morning while I don't doubt Taylor had a harder time with Maddie. Bribing her with the promise of cake seems like a reasonable solution to get her to behave. I love my daughter, but she is a wild one, completely opposite to her brother.

Our mothers step into the church and head towards the front to take their seats. "she is gorgeous Travis, you're a lucky man" my mom says and kisses my cheek. She doesn't need to convince me; I know I'm fucking lucky to call her mine. and in under an hour, she is officially Mrs. Kelce. I like the sound of that, of her being my wife.

When I was a kid, I didn't really think about marriage a lot, it didn't seem so important. I know Taylor dreamed of it, dreamed of her princess wedding, but that was never me. it didn't seem like a must-do in my lifetime, but now I couldn't imagine my life without calling her my wife. Time changes your perspective, it changes everything. I think that once you meet the right person and the pieces fall into place you see the value in marriage. At least that's what happened to me.

The music starts to play, and I take a deep breath before turning my attention toward the double-door entrance to the church. This is it. I'm getting married.