complications

-Taylors Pov-

I do not feel good. I haven't felt good all day today, or yesterday. Something is going on, but I don't know what it is or what to do about it. it could be just regular old pregnancy symptoms, right? That's the most logical explanation. I'm just not sure if I'm overreacting or if I should tell Travis. I don't want to ruin his Christmas Eve just because I'm overreacting about something normal.

I get this blurred vision and headaches that don't seem to want to go away and I'm more nauseous than I've been in a while. They're all symptoms of pregnancy, right? Like I am carrying twins so maybe it's just more intense for me than those carrying a single baby? I don't fucking know, and I don't know how to handle this either.

"beautiful are you okay?" Travis says as he comes into the living room in his Christmas jumper his mom sent, and I forced him to wear. She sent one for me too, so we are matching. I think it's adorable while Travis goes along with it to make me happy. I know he thinks it's cheesy, but I think it's cute. "yeah, I'm fine" I lie. It's a bold-faced lie but I just don't want to worry him.

Knowing me I'm overreacting about it all, and I don't want to spend the day in the hospital just for them to tell us that everything is fine. that's not how I want us to spend our first Christmas together. I want us to have fun and be carefree for once, especially now that the baby's due date is getting closer. I'm about halfway there now and I don't want to miss out on the moments we have where it's still just the two of us. Next Christmas we will have two babies celebrating their first Christmas with us, and while I can't wait for that I want this to be special for Travis and me as well. I want us to have that first magical Christmas together.

"you don't look fine. you look like you're about to throw up" he argues, and I swallow down the chunks that are trying to force their way up. I'm not going to throw up, mind over matter and all that.

"really, it's nothing, Travis. I'm fine" I wonder how many times I'm going to say that today, and how many it's going to take before he believes me. three times a charm, right?

"yeah, I don't believe you beautiful. Come on. Tell me what's going on" he presses, and I pout making him chuckle "You're adorable when you do that," he says and pecks my pout before getting right back to business.

"fine. it's nothing, Travis. I'm fine. it's just some blurred vision, a headache that won't go away and I'm more nauseous than I've been in a while. But it's fine" I shrug, trying to play it off like it's no big deal when in reality I'm struggling to make out his face properly right now.

"that's not nothing Taylor. How long has it been like this without you telling me" he takes my hand and leads me over to the couch, forcing me to sit down. "since yesterday or the day before? I don't actually remember. It came on slowly" I groan and lean my head forward, resting it on my hands. I don't feel good but I'm trying to play it off as I'm fine. don't think I'm doing a good job though judging by the concern written all over Travis.

"these are not normal things," he says and pulls up his phone before typing some stuff. "what are you doing?" I question him. "googling your symptoms. Which I imagine you haven't done since you haven't said anything" he grumbles.

It takes him two minutes before he has found something "Yeah, we are going to the hospital" he says, and I shake my head "I'm fine Travis. It's just silly pregnancy symptoms. I'll be fine in no time."

"no, you won't because it sounds like it's your blood pressure being too high. And that's not something to play around with and wait out. if nothing else it will give me peace of mind that you're okay" he says and heads off to get our coats and shoes.

He is overreacting, I'm perfectly fine... at least I think I am. I'm known for having anxiety, and for all we know it's just that manifesting as symptoms of something else. The most likely scenario is that it's a perfectly reasonable explanation for this and we will just be wasting Christmas Eve in the hospital. We are supposed to host people here tomorrow for god's sake, I don't have time for a hospital trip.