furniture

-taylors pov-

Being back in Kansas city just feels right. It feels safe being here around travis and we are getting things in order to move into the new house. Later we are going furniture shopping, but first I have a call with tree, one I dread.

There is really only one reason why she would request a call right now, it has something to do with the statement I put out yesterday. Deliberately I haven't looked at any headlines, but that doesn't mean they aren't there. I haven't been on social media either, because I know it will trigger the guilt. But at the same time I need to put my babies first, and sooner or later the fans will find out and hopefully understand. Im not showing yet, but its only a matter of time now. Im already a little over six weeks along.

I am nervous that the twins will be born early, there are so many things that can go wrong when you've expecting multiples. Its scary to think about, so I try to push the thought out of my mind for my own sanities sake.

When she calls me I pick up right away and put it on speaker so I don't need to keep the phone to my ear, after all I'm eating ice-cream which takes precedence over anything else. Don't get between a pregnant woman and her cravings, you will regret it.

We exchange the normal greetings before she gets right to the point. "As expected its blowing up and everyone is wondering what has happened. There are theories out there, some kinder than others. There are actually a few that say you're pregnant, then some that say you prioritize being with your boyfriend for the rest of his football season, others say you just need a break and lastly that you had a mental breakdown and is hospitalized. So there is a wide range of theories going on out there."

Its funny how they always seem to go the pregnancy route every fucking time, like a broken record or something. But they are right this time tho, so there is that at least. The others are just bizarre and weird. If they knew anything about me they would know I wouldn't put my life on hold for a boyfriend, I've toured while in relationships in the past.

"Well one is spot on, but the others are straight up weird. Not that we weren't expecting that. What are the fans saying? That's what I'm the most scared about" fans matter more to me than silly headlines. Its what they are saying that will be the hardest to hear if I'm being honest. But I'm not the only celebrity that has postponed their tour due to health matters, or other similar issues.

"Its divided. Some are worried for your health, speculating that you might be really ill with cancer like your mom or with your eating disorder. That side is clearly worried. The other side is pissed and some are turning on you. I know you, I know that's hard to hear but we were expecting that reaction too right? And some are blaming travis for taking you away from them"

Why do people always think that when a woman makes a change in her career its because of a guy, because both fans and the media has played with that theory. First of all we haven't officially come out as a couple, as far as they know I went to a game and we drove off together. There has been no real confirmation that we are together. But apparently I cant have other things going on than a relationship that apparently is what turns my career to a holt. God forbid its something else. I know its not what the majority is saying, but it still pisses me off.

"I knew it would be a two way thing. It just sucks that I cant just tell my fans and not the media. I want to keep the truth on the DL for as long as possible. Especially so early on. So don't give a comment to anyone, I don't want to make another statement before its nessesary" I think that would do more harm than good at this point. It needs to simmer down for a while and for it to sink inn for people. Im not going to drop from the face of the earth, but I cant keep going like I was. I have two tiny humans to think about now, I cant mess them up for anything. When you have kids they become your priority, I love them already after only seeing the little blobs on the screen once. That's how strong the love from a parent is.

"its up to you taylor, but I agree with you" she says before we go back and forth a bit more about the details. I work closely with tree on all matters regarding PR and my career. She has been with me since right before 1989 was released and is a full time employe of mine, I'm her only client as I need someone full time. When you get to the point I am in my career it becomes so much that you need at least one full time, and then I have some that work under her again. It's a team effort to keep up my public image, and I have tree to thank for keeping it mostly under control. Sure some shit blows up here and there, but we always work out a way back together. 2016 was hella dark, but even that we worked through and I came back stronger than ever.

**

-Travis's pov-

After practice I head straight for the furniture store to shop with taylor. The new house is just about ready to move into, so we need to get on this asap. Good thing we are taking most of mine and taylor is apparently a really good shopper for this stuff. Thank god because I'm not. Interior design stuff is not my forte.

No one other than our families know that taylor is pregnant, and we want to keep it like that for a while until we cant keep it a secret anymore. Its just that in the first trimester a lot of things can go wrong and we don't want people queued inn on something so personal. I do feel a bit bad I cant tell my best friend, but once he knows I'm sure he will understand. He asked me today about the post taylor put out, but I just said that its not my story to tell. I know I will be asked questions about it left and right, but I'm keeping my lips sealed until it's the right time.

We look over the options both in person and in a display magazine they have about their different couches. The new living room is bigger than mine, so the one I already have will go in another room. "we are not getting a white couch, we are... our situation tells me that's a fucking bad idea" I tell her after she shows me a fabric sample for the couch design we picked out.

We are about to have two snotty, pooping, peeing and messy babies, like you don't want a white couch then. That comes when they are going off to college and the parents get their house to themselves again. My brother and kylie made the mistake with the white couch, I'm not about to make it as well. Im also not saying the word babies, or baby, out loud in here even tho the sales person is at the other side of the room as we wanted to discuss it between us-selves first.

"its not white, its crème travis" she rolls her eyes at me and I fight my amusement from showing, she is just adorable even when she is rolling her eyes at me. "it will be fine"

"yeah that's what jason said when he insisted on getting one. And it ended up with a beet poo nightmare all over it. Did you know that it was harder to get off than when he accidentally sliced his palm and bleed all over the same couch while cutting an avocado. Wyatt ate beets and had a big poo leak, it looked like a crime scene and they had to throw out the couch" I argue and she cant help but laugh at the story I will never forget. I was visiting my brother at the time and got to see it all in person, it was priceless. I would pay to see that again, to me it was funny while jason was horrified. At least kylie got to say I told you so to my brother who had to eat his words that it would be fine to have a white couch. Now they have a dark brown letter couch, easy to clean up spills than the white fabric one.

"but it goes with the décor so well" she pouts and I lean down to kiss those perfect lips. "no crème couch, or white, or light beige or anything of that kind. The darker the better" I say and she grumbles at me.

"if we get a dark couch ill get you as much mint chocolate chip flavored things than you could ever possibly eat" I say and she lights up like a Christmas tree. Her cravings are mainly anything to do with mint chocolate chip, which I don't mind because I happen to like it. Apparently she normally thinks the flavor combination should be a crime, but now she has to have it several times a day. Last night she got up in the middle of the night and came back with mint chocolate chip cookies that she had stashed in the closet of all places. I was to tired to even ask why she felt the need to keep food in a closet and just decided to be happy she didn't stash ice-cream there.

"you make a hard bargain travis, but sold" her smile is beaming and I cant help but smile back at her. If she said jump I would just say how high, in would do anything for her and our babies... except get a white couch that would get ruined in five seconds.