test results

-Taylors pov-

** Flash forward two months**

Three long months, that's how long three cycles of chemo took. A few days ago I had my last round and now it's all about waiting for the result of the testing that was done. They are testing to see if I'm cancer-free or if I need more treatment, it's up in the air for now.

I'm nervous as I go around waiting, I don't know if I could handle another three cycles of this. It has taken a lot out of my body to get through it, and I don't know if I will ever go back to who I was before I got sick. It's not just the physical side effects but the mental ones as well. Especially after the public found out I was sick.

We did everything we could to keep it under wraps, keep it private for as long as possible. But I was pictured with a flat chest and scarf on my head, and from there, people put two and two together. there was no sense in denying it, it's not that I'm ashamed of my condition I just wanted to keep it private. So I put out a statement asking for privacy during a hard time in my life and left it at that. I don't owe the public insight into my medical health, some things I want to keep under wraps. Sure theories are going around there based on what they could see in the picture, but that doesn't mean I need to confirm or deny anything.

I'm sitting on a bar stool in the kitchen watching Travis making us ice cream bowls after all the kids are in bed. I'm still a bit icky after the last chemo dose, but at least I can make my way around the house today.

"want a cherry on top beautiful?" he asks, and I shake my head. "No, I'm fine. it's more than enough."

I can't help but laugh as I see the mountains of ice cream with whipped cream and candy on top. It's ridiculous but we are celebrating that I'm feeling better after the last chemo dose. Travis has made me realize that during all of this, I need to celebrate all the little victories, or they get lost in the bad stuff.

"You're so over the top" I grin at him as I follow him out into the living room and take a seat on the couch. "that's the only way to do it" he winks at me before handing me the ice-cream bowl.

Taking a bite of the cookie dough ice cream with a heaping of whipped cream I sigh in contentment. I'm a big ice cream fan, it always hits the spot no matter the season. "I don't want to get my hopes up too much, but I hope I'm done with chemo. I hope we can move on" I say before taking another bite.

"I don't know how to respond because I don't want to promise you anything I can't keep. But I'll be by your side no matter what, that I can promise" he says and wipes some whipped cream from the side of my mouth with his thumb. He puts his thumb in his mouth, cleaning it and I get tingles in my lady bits.

"I know you will be, and that's what gets me through the days" I admit. I'm scared that the cancer isn't gone, and that I need more treatment. But I know that he will be by my side through it all regardless. Even with his busy schedule with training camp to gear up for the new season, he has never missed a chemo appointment. He made it clear to his coach and GM that he needed to be accommodated to attend with me, and that he needed breaks from practice to take me. it was never even a question for me to go alone in his eyes, even though I offered to just get my security to drive me and go on my own. He wouldn't even hear it, determined to be there with me.

"you're strong Taylor, you could do it without me as well" he says but I don't think he is right. I don't think I could do this without him by my side, my husband, my world. Everyone needs that one person who has their back no matter what, and he is mine. he is my partner and my best friend, everything I could ever need.

** two days later **

I'm anxiously waiting for the call from my doctor with the test results. They should be in today so she could call at any time today. Going around and waiting is killing me, I'm not that patient when it comes to this. They might say I'm better, that I don't need more chemo, or I could need three more cycles. I have no control over it, all I can do is pray that my body took care of this the first three cycles. I want to be able to move on with my life, I want to be able to get my life back in my own hands.

"stop pacing by the phone Taylor, it won't make it ring sooner," Travis says as he sits and draws with Maddie. I've been pacing around the kitchen, anxiously waiting for my phone to ring. How can I calm down when this could change my life when this is so monumental?

The thing is that Travis's NFL season starts soon, and I will have to step up again with the kids and such. He will be gone for away games, and I need to be healthy so I can be the best mom I can be. He won't be able to go with me to treatment all the time, and someone needs to take care of the kids. I can't afford to still be sick; I need to be getting better.

Finally, it does go off and I see it's the doctor calling. Taking a deep breath I press the green button and hold the phone to my ear. "hi it's Taylor Kelce speaking."

"good afternoon Mrs. Kelce. It's Dr. Marlow. Is this a good time?" she says, and I tell her that I'm free to talk. There is no way I would say no to this call right now, no matter what I was doing.

I don't want the kids to see my face, just in case it's bad news, so I head into the hallway to have some privacy.

"I'm going to get straight to the point. We got your test result back and so far, so good. it seems as if you are cancer free" she says, and my eyes widen, and I almost drop my phone.

"it's.... it's gone?" I rasp out.

"yes, by the looks of it, it's gone. You need to go in for regular checkups to make sure it doesn't come back, but as of right now the cancer is gone" she confirms and I almost throw up, I'm so sick to my stomach, but in a good way. I've been waiting for this news since I first got diagnosed and now, I'm finally hearing the words I was dreaming of.

"thank you so much, Dr. Marlow. Thank you" Tears are streaming down my face and I'm struggling to hold back sobs when strong arms wrap around me from behind.

I'm only half listening as she gives some more instructions before hanging up. I drop my phone into my pocket with shaky hands before I turn to face the love of my life.

"it's gone. The cancer is gone" My voice is hoarse and raspy with emotion.

Travis gets a huge grin on his face before he crushes his lips against mine. we move in unison like we were meant to fit together like puzzle pieces. By the time we pull away, I'm out of breath and lay my head on his chest.

"I'm so happy for you beautiful. So happy" he kisses the top of my head and holds me tighter. We get to start the rest of our lives now and leave this chapter in the past. No more cancer, no more hospitals or needles in my arms. I get to go back to who I am outside of illness and endless doctor visits. We get to be the family I've always wanted, and I get to do what I love on the stage. Things are coming together just perfectly.