the first night

-Taylors Pov-

I put the twins to bed, which wasn't easy because they were so excited about the new people in our house. I had to promise they would be there tomorrow as well just to get them in their cribs. It makes me happy to know that the twins have welcomed Jacob and Elena with open arms. It will make everything easier to know they get along.

Before I go back downstairs, I get things set up for Jacob and Elena. Towels, new toothbrushes, and toothpaste are placed on the counter as well as a new hairbrush for Elena. Their showers are stocked with body wash, shampoo, and conditioner already so that's ready to go. I just want to make sure they have everything they need for their first night with us. I'm sure it's scary to suddenly move into a new house with new people and have to navigate what their new normal is going to be like.

Back downstairs Travis and Jacob are watching a hockey game, because apparently Jacob likes hockey as well while Elena is curled up on the couch with them, not really paying attention to the TV. I grab a blanket and drape it over her "Thank you" she says with a weak smile.

I take a seat beside her but keep a little distance to not make her uncomfortable. "if you don't like sports, what do you like to watch? If you could pick anything to watch, what would it be?" I ask her.

She thinks for a second before saying anything "At Mr. and Mrs. Grant's place, the last place we lived, their oldest daughter loved Twilight, so I watched that a lot with her. I like those movies" She might be a bit too young to watch that, but if she has seen it already, I don't mind letting her watch it again as long as I'm with her.

"how about we watch some of that tomorrow? We have a movie room here and I can make popcorn?" I suggest and she gives me a weak smile "I'm okay, you have better things to do, I'm sure. I'm going to stay out of your way, I promise."

She seems like a girl who isn't used to taking up space or getting her needs met. But that's going to change from here on out. never will she go without attention again, because I'm going to shower her with all the love she could ever need, and then some.

"them men that play Edward and Jacob, Robert and Taylor, are good friends of mine," I tell her, and her eyes widen "Really?" she asks, and I nod. "he sure is. I went to dinner with Taylor and his wife only a few months ago when I was in New York. And get this. He came to my birthday party. Are you team Edward or Jacob?"

"I'm team Edward. I like vampires better than werewolves" she shrugs, and I have to agree with her. I'm totally team Edward as well. Mostly because they end up together and I love a good romance story where the couple end up together. I'm actually not a big fan of love triangles at all, but they do make it work in those movies. "I'm team Edward too. don't tell Taylor though, he might be jelly" I joke at the end making her giggle.

The little sound escaping her is so precious, just like when I hear Maddie or Avery laugh. It's the kind of sound that draws you in and leaves you wanting more.

**

At nine I announce it's time for bed, so we head upstairs with them. Divide and conquer seems like the best approach so I go with Elena while Travis goes with Jacob into their respective rooms.

"I put out some toiletries for you and a towel if you want to take a shower sweetie. But that's up to you, no pressure" I don't know how she feels about that yet so I'm not going to pressure her to anything. Showering in a new place can be a bit uncomfortable for some people.

"I wouldn't mind a shower if that's okay," she says timidly. "of course you can take a shower. Go ahead and I'll be back in a bit to tuck your inn, okay?" I ask and she nods.

Outside their bedroom, I meet up with Travis and together we head to our room where I quickly jump in the shower as well. Travis had a workout earlier and already showered, and he prefers to do it in the morning anyway, so it's just me. sometimes we shower together because of the convenience though, and it leads to wandering hands which I never turn down. No time for that tonight though, we have kids to tuck in and make sure are okay.