home

-Taylors pov-

After a few days in the hospital, I'm finally released to go back home. It's not that I've been treated badly in the hospital, but there is nothing like having your own bed and stuff around you. I'm a homebody, that's for sure. Not to mention I missed having my family around other than the few visits I've had while being stuck in a hospital bed. the downside though to going home is no more IV painkillers, meaning they take longer to take effect and I don't get morphine either. I'm not addicted, but anyone can admit that it's what takes away the pain the most. Now I'm on strong pain medicine, but not that strong.

"home sweet home" Travis chimes as we pull up in our driveway. I can't drive until I'm completely healed and cleared by PT so I'm thankful he doesn't mind driving me around. I will have plenty of PT to better my recovery, which I assume will be gruesome once chemo starts at the same time. how I'm going to handle it I don't know. I just remember seeing how sick my mom got from chemo.

Travis helps me out of the car, making sure my drains are all tucked away and I'm safe. I have a feeling I will be coddled for the foreseeable future, but if that makes it easier for him, I don't really mind that much. I'm all for making this easier for him even if it will inevitably annoy me a tad.

"I'm happy to be back in my own bed, my own house" I sigh as we walk in the door and take off our shoes. Some people wear shoes inside, but I like to walk around in socks or even barefoot. It also means we don't need to clean our floors quite as often which is a plus.

"the bed feels lonely without you," he says and leads me upstairs to our room. I'm still exhausted and in a lot of pain, so the bed will be my best friend for the foreseeable future. I was told to get as much rest as possible to heal faster, and I'm not going to turn that down. Before surgery, I thought they were exaggerating, but now I know they're really not. You're beat after going through something like this, your body needs all the rest it can get.

Pulling back the covers he tucks me in comfortably. "I'll go get your ice packs from the freezer," he says and kisses my forehead. While in the hospital they kept giving me ice to lay on my boobs and it actually helped... well where my boobs used to be. I couldn't look as they changed the dressing this morning, couldn't make myself take a look at what my body looks like now. when I will be able to stomach it I don't know, it will take time. my body isn't what I expected it to be after surgery, I expected a pair of silicone boobs where my real ones used to be, but that's not how things turned out. I'm still a bit pissed about it, but there is nothing I can do to change it either. I need to accept the reality and move along; I can't afford to dwell on anything too much.

Travis comes back with a tray for me. icepacks, a new water bottle with those motivational lines on it, my painkillers, and some snacks. "I got you some cookies for pleasure and some protein bars for actual nutrition to keep by your bed if you get hungry but can't get ahold of anyone. I want you to take it easy beautiful, take care of that body of yours."

He grabs my bag and gets out my phone, tablet, and my new e-reader so I have distractions on hand as well, and I know I will need them. It's going to be hours on end spent alone in bed and I don't know when I will feel up to doing anything else. My hope is soon but I don't want to push it too far and end up hurting myself and potentially messing up the start date for chemo. I just want to get all the treatment over with so I can get on with my life.

"I need to head downstairs to make dinner before the kids get home. Will you be fine on your own?" he asks, and I nod "Don't fret over me Travis, I'll be fine" I say and happily accept the kiss he gives me. man I never get tired of kissing him, he is a really good kisser. I wish I could get lost in his body, but I'm not strong enough for that yet and need to settle for the pecks he sends my way. Soon I promise myself, soon I'm going to be all over that man climbing him like a goddamn tree.

He leaves the room and I take it as a chance to get a nap in, too tired to read. It took a lot out of my body just to get in the car to go home, and I imagine this is going to be my life for a while. It sucks but it's just how it is. At least this bed is comfy with its custom-ordered mattress that perfectly molds to my body.

**

"Travis asked me to come up with dinner for you," Elena says after knocking on my door and I tell her she can come in. She is carrying a tray with stir-fried noodles, veggies, and chicken, one of the few things Travis can make without much trouble.

"thank you, sweetheart. Did you have a good day at school?" I say as she sets the tray over my lap, and I force myself to sit up a bit more so it's easier to eat. I don't exactly have an appetite, but I know I need nutrients to heal faster. The last thing I need is to become malnourished on top of everything else, no thank you.

"it was okay. Math was hard today but I got it eventually" she says and rocks back and forth on her heels "How about you join me, and we can watch a movie? It's been a while since we watched Twilight?" I ask her and she beams at me before climbing onto the other side of the bed. She could watch the movies a million times and never get tired of them, I don't blame her though, they are pretty entertaining. The only awkward thing is that I used to date Taylor so that's a little weird to watch.

When Elena found out I used to date Taylor, and that both he and Robert Pattison are friends of mine she freaked out. I need to remember to introduce them sometime, that will give me parent points, I'm sure.

"Can we have a marathon again? Pretty please?" she grins at me and it's impossible to say no to her. She is coming out of her shell more at times, I get these glimpses into who she is, so whenever I do, I can't help but comply with whatever she wants. I want her to sparkle, I want her to grow confident and make it known what she wants and needs.

"of course we can. I don't have anything else to do anyway" I smile at her before turning on the first movie. We are in for hours of TV time, but I don't mind if it means I get to connect with her. She needs attention and someone to be invested in the things she likes; every kid needs that. so even if this isn't exactly what I would pick to watch I would do it for her. I was a little nervous when I first found out her last foster parents hadn't cared she watched these movies at nine years old, but the damage is done so now I allow it as long as she doesn't watch it on her own.

What I do need is to get her hooked on Grey's anatomy, so we have that to do together once the new season starts up. It sucked when Ellen exited the series, but I still can't pull it off my schedule or stop re-watching the whole show. poor Travis had to sit through the whole thing already several times. I could watch that and law and order SUV over and over again without getting tired of it. which is of course exactly what I do.

She snuggles under the covers next to me and I enjoy my time with my girl and some food. If this is what it's going to be like laying around in bed recovering it won't be so bad.