𝟷𝟼| 𝐈 𝐖𝐚𝐧𝐭 𝐘𝐨𝐮

A chill shot up your spine at the menacing voice. It was enough to wipe the smile clean off your face.

"I'm sorry, I think you have the wrong number." You kept your voice leveled, pretending as if everything was fine. You weren't about to show your fear to the killer.

"Do I now?" The caller chuckled. "This is the Orth Residency, is it not?"

You closed your eyes, internally scolding yourself as he mimicked your voice. This asshole was never going to stop, not until you were dead.

After releasing a heavy sigh, you opened your eyes again. "Okay then, would you like to enlighten me on what it is that you want now?" You questioned boldly, your insolent tone showcasing your exasperation.

"𝐈 𝐰𝐚𝐧𝐭 𝐲𝐨𝐮."

You scoffed at his response, ignoring the uneasiness that crept over you. Your grip on the phone became tighter as you swallowed back your urge to panic.

"Then show your fucking face, you coward." You spat into the phone before slamming it back on its hook.

You swiftly sped down the hall to the front door, making sure every single lock was locked before peering out the top window. The killer was becoming bold, scheming in broad daylight. The police-mandated curfew was pointless now.

When you didn't see anyone suspicious lurking outside your house, you ran back to the phone and quickly dialed Tatum's number. The second the line went through, you skipped the hellos and got straight to the point. "Tatum, get Dewey!" You demanded urgently.

"Y/n? What's going on?" She questioned, the worry in her voice peeking through.

"The killer called again. He's here." You muttered quietly, keeping a cautious eye out as you walked through the hallway to your backdoor.

"Oh my God! Sid, we need to go now." You heard Tatum say.

There was a creek in the floorboard behind you, and you fell to a complete stop.

Quickly spinning around, your eyes widened as a masked figure suddenly emerged from the utility closet, raising his knife in the air in an attempt to attack.

"Send Dewey! Send the police!" You shouted into the phone before throwing it at the killer.

He let out a groan as the phone hit him in the stomach. You took the chance to run around him, bolting for the front door. However, he was quick to recover as he cut through the kitchen, jumping out in front of you to block your escape.

You gasped as he swung his knife at you, causing you to fall flat on your ass. You ignored the pain, scrambling to your feet as the murderer was still coming at you in full-force.

You turned around and beelined up the stairs. The sound of heavy boots pounding against the steps behind you had your heart racing a million times faster.

As you ran into your room, you slammed the door shut and locked it. You jumped as the killer began to bang against the door relentlessly. You were breathing heavy as you rushed to your window, and tried tugging it open. Your brows furrowed when it wouldn't budge until you realized that it was locked... something you don't recall doing.

"Stupid fucking locks!" You shouted through your panic as you swiftly unlatched both sides.

The second you shoved the window open, the killer burst through your bedroom door. Your eyes doubled in size, and you quickly forced yourself through the window. You were halfway on the roof when you felt two arms wrap around your torso, pulling you back inside.

"No!" You screamed, thrashing around in the killer's hold. You winced as his grip tightened around your bruised ribcage. "Let me go!"

He obliged to your command, tossing you flat on your bed. A stifled gasp left your lips as he crept closer, taunting you with his knife. Your body began to shake as you tried crawling backward to your headboard, only for him to grab your ankle and yank you back.

The killer leaned in closely, hovering his knife above your face. Your stomach twisted into knots as you stared at your reflection in the blade.

A newfound bravery invoked in you as you gritted your teeth. "Fuck you. I'm not gonna beg." You muttered low.

Goosebumps erupted like dominoes throughout your body as the masked figure slowly tilted his head. He was so close, merely a few inches from your face.

As he trailed his knife along your neck, you began to struggle in his grasp again. You cried out when your struggling caused the blade to nick the skin above your clavicle. Blood seeped from the wound, and without thinking, the killer pressed his hand over the injury to stop the bleeding.

Your movement ceased as a frown morphed onto your face in response. A new realization had hit you... This was someone you knew, maybe someone you were close with.

"Everybody's a suspect!" Randy's voice rang in your ears as you stared at the killer above you. All of a sudden, you felt sick.

During the first attack, the killer had only gone after Casey. When he called again, it was a distraction to ambush Sid. Now the same was happening to you except, the goal was never to kill you like the others.

What the fuck does this guy want from you?

The killer quickly removed his hand after registering what he had done. Police sirens could be heard approaching from a distance, and he immediately pushed himself away from you and ran out of the bedroom.

You were frozen in your spot, trying to process what the hell just happened when suddenly, there was a loud thump outside your window.

"Billy!" You quickly shot up and ran to the boy as he crawled inside your room.

"I heard you scream." He announced, though his expression fell into one of surprise when you crashed into him, desperately wrapping your arms around his figure.

Relief washed over you once again as you were now one hundred percent certain that Billy was not the killer. There was no way he could have made it to the window that fast after just having left.

"What happened? You're shaking." He said, holding you in his protective embrace.

"The killer was here. He tried to—" Your grip on Billy's shirt tightened as you attempted to calm down.

"You're bleeding." He said, gently pushing you back to take in the wound. His brows furrowed at the minuscule cut. It wasn't deep but the anger that swirled in his eyes made it seem so.

"I'm okay, just–" You paused at the sound of the sirens growing closer. You looked at Billy with tears brimming in your eyes. "Don't leave me alone."

His gaze softened as your voice shook even when you tried to sound strong. Instantly, he pulled you back to his chest, hugging you tightly.

"I won't."