𝟹𝟾| 𝐎𝐩𝐞𝐧𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐍𝐢𝐠𝐡𝐭

After having spent several hours with Randy in the hospital, you, Sid, and Dewey needed to head back to campus. The conversation you'd had with Randy was still fresh in your mind as Sid left to prepare for the show. Tonight was the big opening night but also, the third day since the killings began. By taking Randy's words into account, the killer's last act would happen tonight before the reveal.

What bothered you was the fact that it could happen at any given time. You'd have to be on the constant lookout for any signs of danger while simultaneously watching out for Sidney.

You were not going to allow these killers to get away scot-free this time.

At the moment, you happened to be standing in line with Dewey inside the theatre's foyer, waiting to buy tickets for the show. You were in your own little world when Sidney randomly rushed over. She was still wearing normal clothes, but her face was covered in stage makeup.

"Hey, have you guys seen Derek at all?" Sid asked as her eyes danced around the room, scouring for her boyfriend.

"Not since last night," You replied, noticing as her lips tugged into a slight frown. "Why? Has something happened?"

"No... no, I don't think so. I don't know, maybe he's taking the whole 'me needing some distance' more seriously than I thought." She sighed. "I just thought he'd be here for this, you know?"

Sidney's eyes gave away her disappointment even when she tried hiding it.

Dewey felt a strong urge to reassure Sid as he hated seeing her so desolate like a vessel half-empty. "Don't worry, Sid, I'm sure he'll show. Derek knows how important this night is to you. He may just be running late." He said.

"Yeah, I mean, his frat brothers gave him a pretty rough time last night. He might've needed some extra time to recover." You added, hoping to relieve the tension imbued in her brows as they seemed to be permanently furrowed.

"Wait, what happened last night?" She questioned.

"Derek got into some trouble with the Omega Kappa Betas for giving away his letters." You spoke in a teasing tone, eyeing the chain hanging from her neck. "That boy really loves you, Sid. Don't push him too far away."

Sidney stared down at Derek's necklace, grabbing the letters between her pointer finger and thumb. Her lips twitched upwards as she looked back up at you. With one big exhale, she expelled the pre-performance anxiety from her body.

"Okay, I feel a little better." She said, and you smiled. "I should probably head back. I need to run over my lines one last time."

"Break a leg, Sid." Dewey stated encouragingly, and she smiled before turning to leave.

You watched as she navigated through the crowds of people when Dewey's phone began to ring, drawing your attention away.

"Hello?" He answered, and you studied the minuscule changes to his expression as the person on the other line spoke. "Okay. Okay, just hold on. I'll be right there."

You waited until he ended the call before appeasing your curiosity, "Who was that?"

"Gale." He revealed while sliding his phone into his back pocket. "She found a new lead."

"About the killer?" You questioned, lowering your voice a little to not draw focus.

"Yeah," He nodded, expression shifting into an apologetic one. "I don't want to miss Sid's performance, but it sounded pretty important. I'll try and be back as soon as possible."

"No worries," you said as catching these rampant killers was just as important. You didn't want any more student deaths. "I'll save you a seat."

"Alright, thanks. I'll be back." Dewey said, and your eyes followed him as he got out of line, heading toward the main entrance.