𝟸𝟺| 𝐁𝐮𝐭𝐭𝐟𝐚𝐜𝐞 𝐌𝐢𝐬𝐜𝐫𝐞𝐚𝐧𝐭

"Come on, Y/n! You gotta let me interview you for my documentary."

"Give it up, Mickey. She's never gonna agree." Randy told his friend from film class as the three of you strolled through the courtyard to meet up with Sid, Hallie, and Derek.

You laughed as Mickey held up his camera to record you, always carrying that stupid thing around. You weren't surprised to see him and Randy hit it off so quickly. They were both practically obsessed with movies... maybe a little too much.

"If you wanted videos of me on your camera, all you had to do was ask." You grinned. Mickey pressed his lips into a thin line to mask his own smile at your teasing.

"Okay. Can I take some videos of you?" He asked with a straight face. "Preferably while I'm asking questions and you're answering them."

"Not doing the interview, Mickey~" You declined, pushing his camera out of your face and doubling your pace until you were farther ahead.

Mickey immediately left Randy in the dust to catch up with you, hooking an arm around your neck to give you a playful noogie.

Randy took notice of the friendship that had quickly flourished between you two. Over time, he couldn't help but feel the interactions you shared with Mickey had grown into subtle flirtations. However, the second he brought it up to either of you, there was nothing but denial.

You simply found Mickey to be a great friend, but nothing more. When you first met, he had this familiar vibe to him that you couldn't quite place. It was strange, bothering you for weeks even until you realized who he reminded you of... Billy... Their personalities were hardly alike, but their auras were so similar. It kind of freaked you out at first, although you eventually got used to it.

"You're fucking up my hair, you butt-face miscreant!" You exclaimed, unraveling yourself from Mickey's grasp just in time to see a big crowd gathering in front of a podium where Chief Hartley stood to discuss the recent murders.

You spotted the other half of your friend group near the brick wall not far from the buzzing reporters, and you beelined straight to them with Mickey and Randy following close behind.

"Is that Gale Weathers? What is she doing in Ohio?" You pointed into the crowd, alerting your two Woodsboro friends of the famous news reporter's presence.

"Star of the Gale Weathers press conference. Based on the book by Gale Weathers. Soon to be a major motion picture starring Gale Weathers." Randy stated with his face close to the lens of Mickey's camera before turning to you and Sid. "This is huge."

"Be kind. She helped save our lives." Sidney said, her voice tight as a wire. You couldn't tell whether she was talking to you or herself.

"She had calf implants," Randy commented after a short inspection. "I'm gonna get closer."

Randy left to make his way towards the crowd while the rest of you decided to simply observe the chaos from afar. You sat down next to Mickey with a sigh, watching as Derek moved closer to Sidney. "Is that her?" He asked.

His brows furrowed with worry as Sid had already informed him all about her past issues with Miss Gale Weathers.

"Yeah." She replied in a whisper, looking back at the reporter.

Mickey suddenly nudged your shoulder, gaining your attention before nodding in the direction of the five sorority girls strutting up to the group. "Fuck," you muttered, stimulating laughter from the film student as he knew you couldn't sneak away this time.

"Hello, girls. Enjoying yourselves?" The blonde asked with a sickly sweet smile.

"Oh, hello, Sister Lois, Sister Murphy." Hallie kindly greeted the two heads of the Delta Lambda Zeta sorority.