𝟺𝟽| 𝐅𝐨𝐮𝐧𝐝 𝐘𝐨𝐮, 𝐃𝐨𝐥𝐥

Wednesday, February 2, 2000
8:25 am

"Look, Cotton's death could just be a coincidence. I mean, he had a lot of enemies. It probably has nothing to do with us." Randy tried to sound convincing while grabbing his bags from the trunk of your car.

"Come on, Randy. Who're you trying to fool?" You exuded a heavy sigh as you slung your bag over your shoulder. "This has everything to do with us. Cotton was literally stabbed to death."

Neither one of you wished to experience another massacre but the idea that it was just some freak accident was implausible. Cotton was previously accused of murdering Maureen Prescott, Sidney's mother, and it just so happened that he was killed in the exact same way.

That is not just a coincidence.

"Is it too late to turn around, then?" Randy asked ruefully.

"We're already here," You said while closing the trunk. "We might as well see it through."

Randy released a groan as the two of you reluctantly headed inside your new apartment building. "This would be the third time, Y/n. I do not want to get mutilated again. That shit was not fun!" He protested.

"You're not going to get mutilated, Randy." You laughed as you started up the stairwell. Though, you didn't blame him for being a bit dramatic. Both of you were severely traumatized from last time, Randy probably more so. "Let's just stick together, okay? We'll be fine."

"What is with this dumbass Ghostface obsession, anyway?" Randy questioned once you reached the third floor.

"Wish I knew."

"Maybe you should ask Billy and Stu why they chose that stupid costume in the first place," Randy suggested as you finally arrived at your apartment door.

You scoffed as you began fumbling through your keychain, "Oh, yeah. And I might as well call them over to catch up while I'm at it. They must be exhausted after all the murdering they've done."

Randy ignored your blatant sarcasm, watching as you struggled to find the correct key.

"No, seriously. Where did they even come up with the idea for that?" He asked as you eventually unlocked the door and walked inside. "There's no way those two loser ass dickheads came up with that on their own. They're both idiots... especially Stu."

You shook your head at Randy's continuous insults of the two boys. He had a lot of built-up resentment towards them and it had only grown worse after Billy killed Sidney. But mostly, Randy was still pissed at himself for not confessing to her when he had the chance.

He had a lot of regrets, and it made him bitter—something you could relate to.

"I don't know, Randy." You breathed out, setting your bag down on the floor as Randy shut the door behind him. "Next time they show up unannounced, I'll be sure to ask."

Both of you took a minute to observe the room and its great quality. The far wall in the living room was all window, reaching from ceiling to floor. The place was quite spacious, which you enjoyed, and it felt so modern and new.

Walking over to the window wall, you took in the amazing view from outside. You could even see the studio building for Stab 3 located about half a block away.

"Geez, how much is this place gonna cost?" Randy asked as he began exploring the other rooms.

"Oh, well..." You turned to face him with an abashed smile. "The expenses have already been paid."

"What? By who?" Randy put a pause to his exploration to stare at you.

"Roman."

For a second there, Randy was left unmoving, not even blinking as he processed your response.