𝟼𝟸| 𝐈 𝐒𝐭𝐢𝐥𝐥 𝐆𝐨𝐭 𝐓𝐨 𝐌𝐚𝐤𝐞 𝐌𝐲 𝐌𝐨𝐯𝐢𝐞

Friday, February 4, 200011:27 pm

11:27 pm

It felt like time had stopped, like you were witnessing everything in slow motion. You were standing in front of the killer — Roman — his masked gaze searing holes into your figure. You never saw his face, yet you knew it was him.

The way his ghostly head tilted, somewhat questioningly, sent a chill down your spine. Slowly, you lifted the keychain, dangling it between your pointer finger and thumb to reveal what gave his identity away.

In what seemed like a nanosecond, you dashed across the room, drawing Roman away from the injured Kincaid as you knew his main objective was to get to you. Running as fast as your legs could carry you, your body crashed against a set of double doors at the end of the hallway. Roman barreled after you, mongering this deep rooted fear within you as you shoved past the doors, slamming them shut behind you.

As soon as you twisted the door's lock, incessant banging ensued on the other side. You backed away, heart hammering loudly as you frantically glanced around the room. You wound up inside the study, taking in all the shelves full of books, yet there appeared to be no other exit.

When the rapid pounding abruptly ceased, nothing but silence filled your ears. Your shoulders began to shake as you brushed a distressed hand through your hair while gripping the keychain in the other. You stared down at it, gritting your teeth.

Why? Of all people, why did it have to be Roman? You wanted to kick yourself for being so stupid. But another part of you grieved for the innocence you've lost and the trust issues you've gained due to all this misfortune.

You'd give anything to turn back time and live just one more day with your friends. Sitting out by the water fountain in your school's courtyard, so carefree with no responsibilities. At seventeen, you had no clue of what was about to transpire, the darkness that would overtake your life. You missed what you had then, and you regret not cherishing it more.

The girl you once were, before all the loss and the lies and the trauma, you will never get back. She was gone forever.

With bated breath, you accumulated your nerves as you slipped the keychain inside your pocket. You've seen enough horror movies to know that the killer doesn't just give up. The thought of Roman still lurking somewhere terrified you. This mansion must've had loads of secret passageways, you wouldn't be surprised if there was one inside this very study.

Before you had the chance to look, two arms suddenly wrapped around you from behind. You tried to scream but their hand clamped over your mouth, pulling you back through a hidden door, disguised as a bookshelf.