𝟸𝟽| 𝐅𝐮𝐜𝐤𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐌𝐨𝐦𝐦𝐲 𝐈𝐬𝐬𝐮𝐞𝐬

Billy immediately spun you around to face him. He stared down at you with the most intense glare you've ever seen. His dark brown eyes reached into your soul, scouring the depth of your inner being as you trembled underneath his firm grip, utterly speechless as he stood before you.

It had been so long since you'd seen him. Since you've felt him. It couldn't possibly be real.

But you needed it to be.

On a senseless impulse, you lifted your hand to touch him, the need for a reality check too strong to ignore. Your knuckles had barely grazed Billy's cheek before he caught your wrist, startling a gasp from you. Your eyes snapped back to his, noticing how his gaze softened before pulling you against him.

Your arms wrapped around his neck as if it were instinctual. You thought your heart was about to burst any minute with how fast it was beating. Unfortunately, you could only recall the last time you were in Billy's arms like this. The night of Stu's party, when he tried to kill Sidney and her father... and successfully killed Tatum...

Instantly, you ripped yourself away from him, eyes flickering back to the door. Regardless of the past, if you had to choose between going back out there with a killer after you or staying in here with a killer who would never hurt you—you knew which one you were going to choose.

"Billy, the killer–" You stammered, looking back at him. "And you–what are you doing here? How did you even–"

"You and me," His chilling voice created goosebumps that spanned across your arms. "We have some unfinished business."

"Unfinished business?" You blinked slowly as if you heard incorrectly. Your focus was suddenly drawn from the masked murdered outside, fully training onto Billy as every negative emotion you experienced in the past year came bubbling to the surface in the form of wrath. "You killed Sidney's mother, our friends, and so many others! All because of a stupid plan you and Stu made up to punish Sidney for something that wasn't her fault! You and your fucking mommy issues can just leave because nothing you say will change that."

Despite the well-deserved rebuking you gave him, Billy's expression never once shifted. Although his eyes were like staring into a void, his face held a tenacious look.

"I'm here to help you, Orth."

"I don't want your help, Loomis." You spat coldly, turning away from him.

"Yes, you do." Billy bit out forcefully, grabbing your forearm to prevent you from moving any further. "You could've snitched on Stu this morning, but you didn't. You know you need our help. We're the only ones that can protect you."

"I can handle myself perfectly fine, thank you." You spoke through gritted teeth as you tried worming out from his grasp. His grip only tightened at your retaliation.

"Really?" He scoffed. "'Cause it looks to me like you've been cornered inside a bedroom with no escape. A perfect place to get yourself killed."

Your brows pressed together in frustration as you gave one final tug of your arm before Billy finally decided to let go.

"Then how did you wind up in here?" You asked.

"It's a frat party. They're not that hard to get into," He stated as if it were a facile victory. "Especially with a face like this."

You wanted to roll your eyes at his smugness. It was a fleeting reminder of the boy you once knew in high school, a fragment of his former self. You missed that side of him.

"If that's the case, why didn't you bring Stu along? I'm sure he would've flourished in a fraternity if he wasn't such a psycho."

At least, that's how you envisioned college in the previous years. Stu the frat-boy and Tatum the sorority sister. Sid and Billy were still together while you and Randy continued to fawn over the two in secret, never escaping the crush stage. You would've been happier in that reality.