𝟹𝟽| 𝐀𝐜𝐭 𝐓𝐡𝐫𝐞𝐞

It had taken roughly thirty minutes for you to deeply reflect on your moment of weakness with Billy before deciding to get dressed. As you left your room, you saw your roommate sleeping peacefully on the couch, eyeliner smudged, and wreaking of alcohol. It made you wonder what Billy thought of that when he left earlier. And that's when you realized that he was already starting to cloud your mind.

You needed to stop thinking about him like some schoolgirl with a crush—that part of you was supposed to be left in 1996.

You quickly got your act together, forcing Billy to the back of your mind when you stopped by Sidney's dorm. She happened to be awake as Dewey had called her too, so the two of you left for the hospital together.

Dewey was there to greet you both when you arrived, showing you to Randy's room where his family was already inside. Dewey explained that since he'd spoken to Randy right before his parents showed up, he'd wait outside as the nurse said it's better not to crowd Randy with too many people. At least not right away.

"Y/n! Sid!" Martha Meeks, Randy's younger sister, hugged the two of you in an orderly fashion as soon as you entered the room. "I missed you guys! Woodsboro isn't the same without you."

"It's good to see you too, Martha." Sid smiled at the younger high schooler.

"Hey, they came to see me. Not you." Randy interjected, and your gaze snapped over to him. There was an IV hooked to his arm, and the machine beeped steadily beside him, displaying his healthy heart rate.

Randy let out a few pained groans as his mother helped him sit up, and you quickly approached his bedside. You were glad to see he was alive, but he was also barely functioning. You could only stare with sympathetic eyes whereas Sid's held remorse.

"Y'know, after surviving a once-in-a-lifetime near-death experience, I still don't regret losing my virginity." Randy half-joked in an attempt to lighten the mood.

"Randy!" His mother scolded, though, he earned a hearty laugh from his father.

"And somehow, you still have enough energy to be stupid." You replied with a relieved smile, thankful to see he was still himself after experiencing something so heavily traumatic.

"What can I say?" Randy said coolly before his gaze shifted to Sidney as she moved to stand next to you. "Hey, Sid. Sorry I can't make it to your show tonight. I know how important it is."

Sid shook her head as she took his hand into her own, "No, don't be. I'm just happy you're alright."

"Yeah, and Mickey can even show you the recording afterward so it'll be like you never missed it." You added when your focus suddenly trained on the heart monitor as the beeping significantly increased.

Everyone became worried for a second until you glanced down at Sidney's hand that still held onto Randy's. The expression he wore made you realize that it was just nerves. Cute, anxious, crush-like nerves.

His parents were second to figure out what was happening and the two shared a look before smiling like idiots.

Sidney, being completely clueless, looked worried by the sudden heart spike. However, you quickly redirected her attention as you spoke up. "Hey, do you mind if I speak to Randy alone?"

His parents nodded before steering Sidney along with them. You heard his father mentioning something about getting coffee as they left the room while his sister was asking if Randy was alright.

"You just saved my ass, Orth." Randy sighed as the door shut behind them. "I thought my secret was finally out. I saw my life flash before my eyes."

You scoffed out a laugh while pulling out a chair to sit down, "Very dramatic for someone who just got mutilated by ghostface yesterday."

"Hey, you think that'll earn me permanent sympathy points from Sid?" He questioned quite seriously.

"Oh, yeah. For sure." You nodded along, biting your bottom lip to conceal your smile. "Maybe she'll even break up with Derek for you."

Randy's hopeful expression fell after detecting your sarcasm. He clicked his tongue, releasing a dramatic sigh. "I'm gonna be forever friend-zoned, aren't I?"

"I'm afraid so," You patted his hand, consoling his crushed dreams.

Randy reached over to grab the glass of water from the bedside table, but you quickly snatched it up and handed it to him so he wouldn't have to strain so much.

"So, any updates on the investigation?" Randy asked after taking several large sips to soothe his dry throat.

"You almost died, and you still want to investigate?" You questioned in disbelief, taking the cup as he handed it back to you.

"Come on, it's not like I have anything better to do. I'm bedridden and will continue to be for the next several weeks. You're my only source of entertainment." He explained, watching as you set the glass down.

"Well," You sighed, clasping your hands together to rest on your knees. "Last night I found out there were two killers."

Randy's eyebrows raised in surprise, "How'd you stumble upon that information?"

"Um... Stu and I sorta had a plan, but then I got attacked while he was chasing the other killer outside." You revealed, showing off your knife wound. "and uh, I don't want to keep any secrets from you, so... Billy is here too. He's the one that saved me."

Randy pressed his lips into a thin line to mask the immediate amusement that fell upon his features.

"I fucking knew it! I knew Loomis was here too." He claimed guilelessly.

"Alright, alright," You waved your hand, ushering Randy to quiet down as you glanced at the door. You couldn't risk anyone hearing. "I wanna hear your input though, your extra two cents." You said.

"You want my honest opinion?" Randy asked, and you nodded. "Well, from what you told me, I think we've just entered act three."

"Meaning?" Your brows furrowed slightly.

"Meaning, this sequel's climax is right around the corner. Whatever you think you know now will come into play during the final act. There are not just two killers, but four. Stu and Billy may be here for you, but they also have unfinished business." Randy explained acutely. "Don't trust anyone. Not even them. I have a feeling Billy'll want to conclude his fucked up movie with one final scene."

"So, what you're saying is, there's gonna be a double climax and that I should expect the unexpected?" You questioned, becoming increasingly aware of the apprehension that filled your bones.

"Yes! That's exactly what I'm saying," Randy exclaimed. "You gotta watch your back, and Sid's. She's the one all four killers want dead."

In a single conversation, you had gone from slightly worried to having crippling anxiety. You spent all morning trying to evict Billy from your head, and now all you could think about is what he said earlier, "In case things don't go as planned tonight."

You were afraid of what that might mean for you and Sidney. You couldn't lose her too.

If Billy was still hellbent on killing her, you wouldn't let your feelings stop you from doing whatever you have to do in order to prevent that.