𝟶𝟺| 𝐒𝐭𝐢𝐜𝐤 𝐓𝐨𝐠𝐞𝐭𝐡𝐞𝐫

"Casey!" You screamed, pulling the girl away from the broken glass. You took her trembling hand and led her down the hall, running into the kitchen.

The room was filled with smoke from the popcorn that had been left to burn on the stove. You saw the aluminum on fire but were too concerned with the killer outside to care.

"Y/n, what do we do? Steve's dead." Casey panicked.

You ignored the pain of your aching heart. It filled your chest, making it harder to breathe in the room of smoke. You pushed your brother to the back of your mind, not risking the chance of being caught because of the mental distraction.

"Stick together." You whispered, holding a finger over your lips to quiet her. You maneuvered around the kitchen island near the knife block, and grabbed one of the bigger knives.

In your peripherals, a dark figure could be seen dashing between rooms. Casey noticed it too, and silently motioned for you to follow her. Slowly but surely, the two of you crept towards the double doors near the kitchen.

Casey unlatched the lock and swiftly snuck outside with you following closely behind. You hid in the corner between her oak fence and house as she attempted to shut the door quietly. It, unfortunately, made a moderately loud thump while closing, and you hastily pulled your friend back.

Her house had so many goddamn windows, making it almost impossible to sneak away without being seen. You peeked through the glass just as the killer entered the kitchen. It was a quick glance, but long enough to see the creepy ghost mask he wore.

Casey's head snapped to look past you, the sound of a car driving in the distance catching her attention. If you two wanted to escape, now was the chance.

You took a deep preparational breath before slowly peering into the window again. Your eyes widened as you caught the screaming ghostface staring back at you.

Casey screamed as he shattered the glass with his fist. You hissed after a sharp fragment scratched your cheek.

The killer grabbed your arm, causing the knife to fall from your hand as he yanked you close. Casey found enough courage to knock him back, stunning him long enough for you to get away.

The two of you ran, your bare feet pounding against the cold concrete of her patio. You came to an abrupt stop upon seeing your dead brother again. A second wave of grief surged through your body as you staggered back. You felt sick seeing him in such a way. The thought of leaving him like this was killing you, but you had to keep going.

You looked up, noticing Casey had stopped several feet ahead of you as she saw her parent's car pulling into the driveway. Just as you felt reassured about the situation, you jumped when the masked man suddenly leaped from another window, knocking your friend to the ground.

Casey scrambled to her feet with the crazed person chasing after her. A shrieking cry erupted from you as he wrapped an arm around her from behind, muffling her mouth as he plunged his knife into her chest.

"Casey!" You screamed, immediately jumping into action without a forethought.

You ran to them as Casey plummeted to the ground. She managed to knock the weapon out of the killer's hand as she bled, but that only seemed to anger him as he began to strangle her.

He grunted as you unexpectedly jumped on his back in an attempt to draw his attention away from your injured friend. You grabbed his mask, tugging at it. You almost succeeded in removing it before he ultimately knocked you off.

You fell back into the grass, wincing as he had elbowed you in the ribcage. The wind had been knocked out of you as he stood to his full height, towering over you ominously. Your heart raced as you stared up at him. This was the end for you. No more mercy.

However, he didn't attack. His head only tilted as he watched you intensely.

Your eyes flickered to Casey behind him as she managed to stand on her feet. You felt relieved as you'd given her another chance to escape. Though, the masked man's head whipped around as he realized you had purposefully distracted him.

Casey already made a run for it, holding her stab wound as she desperately staggered towards her parents.

The killer bent down to pick up his hooked knife before looking back at you. Your breath hitched as he slowly held it up, pointing it at you— a warning, to stay down.

You didn't speak or move. You just simply stared without blinking.

He quickly spun around, leaving you to chase after his main target. When he was out of sight, you clutched the grass between your fists as you pushed off the ground. Instead of following after him, you treaded back the way you came.

You reentered the house in search of another weapon as you were not going to leave your friend to fend for herself.

After spotting the phone you'd left on the kitchen counter, you hastily grabbed it to dial the police. In the midst of punching the three numbers in, you withdrew another knife from the holder.

The phone barely rang twice before a bloodcurdling scream resounded from outside. "Shit," You cursed, bringing it with you as you tracked the noise.

Barreling out the front door as it had been left wide open, a gasp ripped from your throat as you ran into Casey's parents.

"No! Y/n, don't look." Mr. Becker had caught your arms, preventing you from going any further; Whatever they had seen, it appeared to have deeply traumatized them.

However, it was too late. The disturbing image of their daughter— your friend, hanging from a tree had been permanently engrained into your brain.

Mr. Becker pulled you to his chest, holding you in his protective embrace as you began to sob with only one thought in mind.

Casey and Steve were both dead.