𝟻𝟻| 𝐀𝐧 𝐎𝐛𝐬𝐭𝐫𝐮𝐜𝐭𝐢𝐨𝐧 𝐎𝐟 𝐉𝐮𝐬𝐭𝐢𝐜𝐞

Friday, February 4, 2000
7:12 am

"It's too early to file for a missing person's report," Kincaid told the small group crowding the investigation room at the police station.

"But Y/n was with us at the party, she wouldn't just run off without telling anyone." Dewey bolstered, looking to Randy and Gale for backup.

"I'm sorry, but until it has been over twenty-four hours, I can't help you." Kincaid said. Even if he did feel sympathetic, his hands were already full with another high-priority case.

Turning around, he grabbed a ziplock bag off his desk that carried the newest photo of Maureen Prescott. It was found last night by Dewey after the explosion, with three unsettling words written on the back: 𝐈 𝐊𝐢𝐥𝐥𝐞𝐝 𝐇𝐞𝐫.

"Whoever it is, is now taking credit for Maureen Prescott's murder." Kincaid stated, holding the photo up to everyone.

"But we know who killed Maureen Prescott. Billy Loomis and Stu Macher," Gale stepped forward with her face all scratched up from descending the steep. "I mean, they even told Sidney and Y/n how they did it."

"If I'm not mistaken, you said in your book that Sidney got it wrong once before," Kincaid interjected as he sat down on his desk. "She accused Cotton Weary of murdering her mother, and he was sent away for it. Maybe there is a third killer."

"Yeah, but Sid's dead." Randy muttered, and everyone turned to look at him as he had been quiet all morning. He was leaning against the wall, arms crossed and face bruised when he finally looked up from his feet. "Why would the killer target people who have nothing to do with Maureen?"

Kincaid sighed, setting the photo down aggressively as the stress and little to no sleep started to get to him. "Look, I have a press conference in an hour. I need to explain why there a three dead celebrities and a bodyguard."

"And a very angry mayor," Wallace added as he passed through the room.

"Okay, we all know this has something to do with Stab 3." Gale said as she could sense the rising tension in the room. "But what we do not know is why the killer keeps leaving pictures of Maureen Prescott taken over twenty-five years ago."

"The photographs taken at the same studio Stab 3 is shooting out of," Kincaid pointed out, lips pressing into a thin line.

"Well, if Sid's dad who was married to Maureen couldn't even help you, how are we supposed to figure this out?" Dewey questioned, his tone showcasing his growing irritation with Kincaid.

"All I know is last night you were almost charcoal, and now you say Y/n is nowhere to be found. We need answers." Kincaid put bluntly.

A heavy silence fell upon the room. Nothing but beeping, clicking, and distant chattering from the other working detectives permeated the station.

"...I might have an idea where she is." Randy suddenly confessed, gaining everyone's attention once again.

"What? Where?" Gale questioned, confused as to why he would withhold such vital information.

"Well uh... speaking of Billy and Stu, they're sort of here in Hollywood. And I think they might've taken her." Randy explained sheepishly.

"And you waited to tell us this until now?" Dewey asked. He was ready to throw those two in prison just as much as the next person. They killed his sister, and she deserved retribution.

"You know that's an obstruction of justice, right?" Kincaid rebuked.

"Look, I wasn't thinking, okay?" Randy tried defending himself, though very poorly. "But right now we need to find them. If anyone has answers about this case, it's those guys."