𝟷𝟹| 𝐈 𝐂𝐨𝐮𝐥𝐝 𝐍𝐞𝐯𝐞𝐫 𝐇𝐚𝐭𝐞 𝐘𝐨𝐮

After your first few classes were over, the bell finally rang for lunch. You headed straight for the bathrooms to freshen up, planning to walk down to the water fountain once you were done.

You studied your features in the mirror's reflection as you looked utterly exhausted. You hardly got any sleep last night after the killer had called. You should have known it wasn't Billy. The guilt was eating away at you for ignoring his pleas for you to believe him.

Now, the killer is still out there and Billy probably hates you. The two worst things imaginable.

You heaved a heavy sigh as you took one final look at yourself before throwing your bag over your shoulder and exiting the bathroom.

While on your way out, you bumped into someone passing by. "Shit! I'm sorry—" Your apology was cut short as you met with the eyes of Billy Loomis.

He stared down at you as his hands gripped your forearms, preventing you from losing your balance after you crashed into him.

Your expression displayed shock as he suddenly pulled you into his tight embrace, wrapping one arm around your shoulders and the other around your waist. His entire body was tense, though as you slithered your arms around his back, you felt him relax.

"Billy, I'm sorry." You muttered into his shoulder, squeezing your eyes shut. "I didn't know what to do when I saw you at the station. I should have believed you. I'm sorry."

"Hey, it's alright," he chuckled, leaning back slightly. "I'm not angry with you."

"You don't hate me?" You looked up at him.

He shook his head, a small smile gracing his lips as he brushed the hair out of your face. "I could never hate you."

Observing his expression for undetected lies, you noticed he looked just as exhausted as you did. "You're tired," You pointed out, sweeping your thumb over his dark circles.

"I hadn't slept." He said, preventing himself from leaning into your touch.

"I take it jail beds aren't too comfy?" You half-joked, taking a step back from the boy after registering the close proximity. Sidney would not like that.

"Have you talked to Sidney, yet? I know she feels really bad for what happened." You voiced, suddenly feeling the need to bring her up.

"Yeah... I don't think she's too happy with me." He confessed, relieving a deep sigh. "I said some things I didn't mean."

"Like what?" You frowned.

"Nothing. It doesn't matter." He tried brushing it off, however, you still expected a semblance of an explanation. "Let's just say, Sid and I aren't gonna last much longer..."

You blinked several times, surprised by the words he spewed. "Don't say that. Your issues span from the killer situation. Once he is out of the picture, you guys should be fine." You tried to reason but he shook his head.

"Our relationship problems began way before last night. I've grasped the fact Sidney doesn't want me anymore... maybe you should, too." He revealed, his determined tone implying something deeper as he took a step closer to you.

You frantically glanced around the empty hall for any lingering eyes, the blush on your face exposing your true feelings as you looked back at him.

"Billy, don't," You held onto his shoulders to stop him from closing the distance between you. "Sidney's my friend."

You felt your back hit the wall, and he abruptly paused, staring at you through the most intense gaze. "Am I not your friend, too?"

"Yes, you are." You declared, eyes hardening on his form. You hated being so cold, but it was the only way he'd listen. "Which is why I'm leaving before you do something you'll regret."

You pushed him back slightly, a motion he allowed as you quickly headed for the stairs. You were desperate to get far away as a sudden need for fresh air hit you like a semi-truck.

The minute you passed through the double doors to exit the building, a figure jumped out in front of you, scaring the daylights out of you. "BOO!"

"Goddamnit, Stu!" You exclaimed, angrily punching him in the arm.

"Ow!" He rubbed the now sore spot. "Geez, you hit hard."

He was smiling until he noticed the frazzled look on your face. "Where are you running off to all in distress?" He asked as you continued walking down the concrete steps.

"Nowhere in particular." You said, and Stu began to follow you like a lost puppy.

"I need your attention now, kids." A voice on the intercom suddenly spoke, one you recognized as Principal Himbry's. "Due to the recent events that have occurred, effective immediately, all classes are suspended until further notice."

Several students around campus cheered loudly for that. Most began collecting their things, preparing to leave as Mr. Himbry concluded the announcement, "The Woodsboro Police Department has issued a citywide curfew beginning at nine o'clock tonight."

"You hear that? I still have time to host my party before curfew." Stu grinned as he slung an arm over your shoulder. You rolled your eyes at him, unable to prevent a smile from forming.

From a distance, you saw Tatum and Sidney walking out of the school. You attempted to catch up with them when Stu swiftly caught your arm, "Woah, where are you going?"

"Home." You pointed to the two girls up ahead. Dewey was going to drop you all off at each of your houses.

"Nope, you're coming with me." He said, pulling you back towards the direction of his car. Your brows furrowed as you allowed him to drag you through the campus, multiple questions running around in your mind.

"Where are we going?" You asked.

"The video store. Gonna pick up a couple of movies for tonight."

"With the killer still out there, I don't think I'm in the partying mood anymore. He already called us twice." You told Stu, tugging on his hand for him to stop. "I don't feel safe without police supervision, and Dewey was the one providing that."

"You're totally protected." He said, pausing abruptly in front of you which you frowned at in confusion. You shrieked when he quickly bent down and tossed you over his shoulder. "Yo, I am so buff. I got you covered girl!"

"Stu!" You exclaimed, smacking his arm as he continued walking. "Put me down, you cretin!"

"Cretin?" He asked, feigning hurt as he set you back on your feet.

"Are you serious about this?" You asked as your apprehension was getting the better of you. Partying was the last thing on your mind.

"Yeah, it'll be like last year's." Stu coaxed, grinning widely. "Intimate gathering, intimate friends. We'll be fine."

You exhaled, giving in to the boy. "Okay... fine."

"Really? Alright–" Stu cheered, however, you cut him off by jabbing your pointer finger at his chest. He glanced down at your finger, seemingly intrigued before looking back at your narrowed eyes.

"But if the killer does show up, I'll be expecting you to intervene since you're so buff." You said, air-quoting his words. Stu laughed at that, tossing his arm back over your shoulder as the two of you proceeded to the video store.