𝟻𝟾| 𝐓𝐡𝐞 𝐏𝐚𝐬𝐭 𝐈𝐬 𝐍𝐨𝐭 𝐀𝐭 𝐑𝐞𝐬𝐭

"You could've warned me that you were gonna snitch on Billy and Stu," you told Randy during the drive home from the police station. "I almost made a fool out of myself trying to come up with some bullshit lie to Kincaid."

Randy let out an exasperated groan as he whipped the vehicle into the parking lot of your apartment complex. The aggressive turn caused your shoulder to smash up against the car door, and you glared at him in response. It was a miracle you arrived home safely with his horrendous driving skills— though, he fits right in with the rest of the drivers in Los Angeles.

"Look, I already said I was sorry," Randy parked the car and tugged his seatbelt off. "You were missing, for crying out loud! I didn't know if they had taken you against your will or if the killer had gotten to you. I only snitched cause I was worried about you. I mean, damn, is that such a crime?"

You couldn't help but feel bad after hearing the strain in his voice. You hadn't taken his feelings into account when you disappeared.

Before coming here, he made such a big emphasis on how you were his only surviving friend. Of course, he'd get all worked up when it came to your well-being. He doesn't want to lose another loved one, and neither do you.

"No," You shook your head with a sigh. "It isn't a crime, and you shouldn't have to apologize. It's my fault. This wouldn't even be a problem if I had just called and told you that I was okay. So, I'm sorry."

"Yeah, you're a real pinhead." He leered playfully.

"I am," You laughed while removing your seatbelt. "Now, before we go inside. I'm gonna need you to go over some rules with me."

"You wouldn't happen to mean the rules now, would you?" Randy asked eagerly as it was now his time to shine.

"Oh, I mean the rules." You grinned, entertained by his sudden rush of enthusiasm.

Randy cleared his throat dramatically before fully turning in his seat to face you. You snickered at his theatrical body language as he rubbed his hands together to signal his start.

"So, we are dealing with a concluding chapter of a trilogy here." He reminded, and you nodded along. "It's a rarity in the horror field but it does exist. And it is a force to be reckoned with because true trilogies are all about going back to the beginning and discovering something that wasn't true from the get-go. The Godfather, Jedi–"

"Okay, okay, I get it." You interjected as it seemed he was running off-topic. You did not need to hear another one of his tangents about unrelating movies.

"Alright, then let me explain the rules to this super trilogy." He said and to that, you kept quiet. "One: You've got a killer who's gonna be superhuman. Stabbing him won't work. Shooting him won't work. Basically, you've gotta cryogenically freeze his head, decapitate him, or blow him up."

Your eyebrows raised at the graphic descriptions, "That's a bit extreme, isn't it?"

"Is it extreme or are you just a wimp?" Randy countered, and you rolled your eyes as he continued. "Number two: Anyone, including the main character, can die. That means you, Y/n. I'm sorry."

"Hold on a minute," You stopped him right there. "What makes you think I'm the main character?"

Randy blinked once like it should've been obvious. However, you were lost as this whole murder ordeal has always been about Maureen, ever since the beginning.

"Well, it was Sid but since Billy killed her, the burden was passed on to you." Randy said, elucidating his viewpoint. "Now, would you let me finish?"

"Okay, damn." You huffed.